Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

big city thundermonster baffels

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:54 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: big city thundermonster baffels

I emailed Big City Thunder, and they said that "we can not honestly answer that question due to all bikes having different tuning needs".

Old 06-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,915 Likes on 816 Posts

They are just about as loud as drag pipes with no baffles. Thye provide backpressure and reversion wave reduction so that you get back low-end perfomance lost when going with straight pipes. I have them in my V&H Straight Shots, and I love the sound and perfomance. When I take it easy on the throttle, they're not obnoxious and I can ride through the neighbourhood without annoying my neighbours!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 06-17-2007, 11:34 AM
06hog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them in some V&H Big Shots and just had the bike dyno tuned @ 90 HP and 92ft/lbs with a woods bro cam, and hypercharger, thats it, love the sound also.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: rkduq20

Hi all, I have a couple questions about these baffels. I have read alot of the threads on here about these and everyone seems to like them but no one has said whether it made their bike louder than the stock baffels that came in their pipes. That is my question. I have a set of hooker header trouble makers and i really like the sound but would like them to just be a bit louder. Does anyone have any input on how big of a difference or how little of a difference these baffels make. Also any one try the competition baffels that hooker makes for these pipes. Would they be louder? Does anyone know?

Ryan
I have a pair of BC baffles. Tough call to say if they make more power than my Vance and Hinesperforated style baffles. As for the exhaust tone, there is no sweeter sound you will ever hear. Loud, deep,gutsy, and won't harm your engine from any lack of backpressure associated when running straight pipes.Straight pipes are just TOO loud, and the "crackle tone"is annoying.My Fatboy runs perfect with BC baffles, and my midrange torque is awesome!!

Old 06-17-2007, 12:34 PM
kevin1716
Intermediate

I am considering these baffles. I have '06 Heritage Classic with Stage 1 hi flow kit and V&H Big Shot Longs with their stock baffles. Do I do anything with the stock baffles or just install the Thundermonsters and go?

Old 06-17-2007, 03:09 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: kevin1716

I am considering these baffles. I have '06 Heritage Classic with Stage 1 hi flow kit and V&H Big Shot Longs with their stock baffles. Do I do anything with the stock baffles or just install the Thundermonsters and go?
You remove the stock baffles.The TM's take their place.Easy job,one screw per baffle

Old 06-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Road_Clam
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: WARG

Hey fellas, I am looking into these as well. Does anyone know if I will need to retune my PCIII when I add them?
I tried a few different maps after I installed the TC baffles, and I went back to running my original V&H straight shot HS w/baffles map, and the bike runs perfect, and the plugs have a goodlight tan insulator.

Old 06-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Velocity1
Tourer

Don't want to highjack this thread, but I have a BCTM built for either a VH or SE Pro pipe collector. I used it to increase the performance of my TC88. I eliminated the stock baffle and adjusted the angle of the washer to increase torque. Sound got deeper and took alot of the shrill out of the megaphone style exhaust sound.

I'm higher compression, 95" and radically cammed with a new restrictor in the meg.

Will sell the BCTM for $25.00 shipped. Someone else might as well benefit from it.

V1

Old 06-17-2007, 10:25 PM
amighjm6
Intermediate

did you guys install the thundermonsters in the same location as the stock baffles at the end of the pipe, or did you actually drill new holes and install them upstream further like is recommended...i'd rather not drill into my pipes if i don't have to.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
06hog
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: amighjm6

did you guys install the thundermonsters in the same location as the stock baffles at the end of the pipe, or did you actually drill new holes and install them upstream further like is recommended...i'd rather not drill into my pipes if i don't have to.
Mine are in the same loc as the stock baffles. easy install.

Quick Reply: big city thundermonster baffels