Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 10:04 AM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Cool Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?

Ok here goes seems strange asking in the softail section but that’s what it is now?

Hoping to get some Streetbob owners to chime in on how there liking the bike?
Not seeing a bunch of posts about the streetbob softail. Owner of a 14 slim here and I made the mistake of test riding the streetbob wow, now on the fence of trading my slim initially planned on stage 2 this winter with new 2-1. This is on temporary hold
So hoping from input on the new M8 softails? Streetbob?

Old 11-23-2017, 11:08 AM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by rowan
Ok here goes seems strange asking in the softail section but that’s what it is now?

Not seeing a bunch of posts about the streetbob softail. Owner of a 14 slim here and I made the mistake of test riding the streetbob wow, now on the fence of trading my slim initially planned on stage 2 this winter with new 2-1. This is on temporary hold
I own one. I know what You mean though. Seems the fat bob has taken over the softtail forum. Which is fine. I am super glade a lot of people are liking that bike and buying it. Harley took a gamble on it and glad it seems to be paying off.

Any way on to your question. I love my streetbob. Now thats my second bike for when I ride with out the better half so price was kind of a factor but not the ultimate factor. I rode the fat bob and the breakout. I liked both very much but bang for buck the street bob was the winner. The mini apes were perfect for me and the seat is very comfortable. Power is great as I am sure you are aware from your test ride as well as handling. I am a huge fan of forward controls and I had intentions of changing the mids to that. But unfortunately, HD doesn't make any yet or if they ever are. The mid controls are growing on me though because I am comfortable on the bike with them. I like the new digital speed o. Shows gear, rpm, fuel as well as reserve in miles. If you have anybspecific questions, please don't hesitate to ask

The following users liked this post:
rowan (11-23-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 11:13 AM
sportglide
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 2018 Sport Glide

Originally Posted by rowan

Make sure you test ride the Sport Glide before you plunk any money down = very neutral steering = very responsive front end !!!

I test rode all the new 2018 and wasn't convinced I would trade in / up till they put me on the sport glide ! Damn, I couldn't give them my money fast enough.

whatever you choose you will like it!

Old 11-23-2017, 01:49 PM
roddenby51
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

FXBB owner, enjoying the power and handling of this Softail Street Bob. 1000 mile service done at home, ease of maintenance is appreciated... especially draining transmission, compared to previous model softail. Installed factory cruise-control, (easy home install) and National Cycle Spartan windshield.

Fuel warning light at 128 ~ 130 miles, fill by mid-140s... average 3 gallon fill, with 1/2 gallon or so remaining. No measurable oil usage first 1000 miles, drained 4-1/2 quarts, refilled 4-1/2 quarts. Easier to get filter wrench on M8 oil-filter than TC oil-filter, about the same mess. (Same oil-filter, a bit more clearance.)

SE stage 1 on order...

Old 11-23-2017, 04:48 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Sat on the Street Bob many times at the dealer now. Happy with my Heritage 114, but the Street Bob fits me like a glove...really think it would be a blast to ride. Sits me more "in the bike" than any other '18 model.

Old 11-23-2017, 05:40 PM
rowan
Road Master
Lightbulb

Thank you for the info,
The streetbob seemed light, nimble, plenty of power, I liked the mini apes, location of the gauges/readout
Having foot boards on my slim the foot pegs/controls were a bit of a change. Being vertically challenged
I did not feel cramped with the foreward mids. A far cry better then mids on my 05 FXDL.

Another question how is the heat off the rear cylinder with the M8 and overall heat from the motor it seemed almost non existent on my test ride but it was a balmy 60 degrees that day.
Anyone put a full exhaust or slip ons on there streetbob and your impressions?

Last edited by rowan; 11-23-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:28 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Heat on my 114 Heritage is much less even stock, so I'd assume same or better on the 107. I've since gone SE Stage 2 (warranty friendly) with slip ons (still has hi flow cat) and still no heat problems even with EPA friendly tune.

No full exhaust systems out yet, after market slip ons are starting to show up. Not many running yet.

Old 11-23-2017, 07:14 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Great bike ,handles awesome,great suspension ,looks great,goes really well ,it's the lightest of the 18's I've only got praise for this little bike.
What heat from the rear pot ?
Best Harley I've ever owned by a far margin!

The following 2 users liked this post by badcooky:
rowan (11-23-2017), sportglide (11-24-2017)
Old 11-23-2017, 09:10 PM
rowan
Road Master

Great info, thank you
Been doing some research this evening, basically accessories and stage 1 or if possible just
Doing SE slip-ons with just doing slipons I guess I will need a download or the SE tuner.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:24 PM
braveryd
Novice
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sportglide
Make sure you test ride the Sport Glide before you plunk any money down = very neutral steering = very responsive front end !!!

I test rode all the new 2018 and wasn't convinced I would trade in / up till they put me on the sport glide ! Damn, I couldn't give them my money fast enough.

whatever you choose you will like it!
I fully recommend trying out the Sport Glide as well. It seemed expensive until I tried one out and am now dangerously close to buying one.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (11-24-2017)

Quick Reply: Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?