Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
My previous post was simply my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Same as your post above and later. No offense taken on my end. Just as we all are different, we also have different tastes in bikes. Let me provide you with some of my observations of the bike instead of generalizations and you may understand where I'm coming from, or not lol. The skinny rear tire looks way too small for the bobbed fender, especially with that fender sitting up 4-6 inches above it. A 160 or bigger would've filled it out much better. The foot pegs and exhaust cans are now mounted higher which probably accounts for the new and improved cornering clearance at the expense of rider comfort. The gap between the solo seat and the tank look rather unsightly with the design of the tank. A peanut style tank would've looked much better with the exposed frame, preferably frisco style. The mini apes with the textured look just seems rather cheap looking, chrome or gloss black would have looked better. And lastly, the speedo in the riser clamp, although clever, looks rather cheesy. Be interesting to see how it holds up when it gets rained on. Kinda like sex appeal, one either has it or they don't, and for me this bike don't. The new sport glide has peaked my interest. Now these are simply my opinions and not meant to offend. All that matters is that you like your bike. The moco would have been better served to have come up with new names for these bikes that came from the Dyna line up to avoid being compared to them. And there is no comparison as these are completely different bikes using names from the past. As for Sheila from straya, poor boy calls everyone who don't like everything the moco puts out a hater, which simply isn't true. Silly fool doesn't seem to understand what constructive criticism means. Hell, that boy had to be provoked just to post a pic of his bike being at home and not on the sales floor and what a pic it is, a pic of the bike under a cover!!! Priceless!!!
No worries sir. Everyone has their taste. I love the bike and all is good with me. I don't mind the constructive criticism because it gives me ideas on things to do to the bike lol. Possibly a bigger rear tire some day in the future because I do understand your point with that. Plenty of times I have looked at the rear and it does seem a little off. It does seem to me though that all the softtail sit high. That is a pretty easy fix though but doesn't really bother me. Now me I am glade the did the apes in wrinkle black because it goes more with the primary. I did think gloss black would have been nice though. The Speedo I like. I'm kind of a tech guy so I like digital ****. Analog is old. I think it will hold up fine. With the penut tank, I am so glad they didn't do that. I wish it had a 5 gallon tank to be honest.

Everyone of the new bikes I feel we can pick apart with individual things we don't like. I looked at the new sport glide when it first came out. Definitely not for me. I can't stand the rear license plate holder and turn signals. Also the bags feel really cheap and the opening like a clam shell, ahhh. But over all its an alright bike. I liked the striped down version of it but I would have to do something with that rear.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 06:56 AM
danhahn
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

Some say it looks cheap and entry level. No, it looks like a bobber. If you like the stripped down original bobber look, it's perfect. What's great about it is you can throw on a windshield and bags and take a trip with it, then strip it back down. A nice looking, basic, affordable Harley that you can make into whatever you want. It kind of takes me back to the 50s and 60s, but with handling and power. I like it.

The following 3 users liked this post by danhahn:
Rakthi (11-25-2017), rowan (11-25-2017), sportglide (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 11:14 AM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Here, here!! (Watching The Patriot) I like the Streetbob. It was a consideration. I have several friends that may pull the trigger on one next year though. It just looks right for it's intended mission.

sportglide (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 11:32 AM
Toner123
Tourer

Originally Posted by ktp1598
Here, here!! (Watching The Patriot) I like the Streetbob. It was a consideration. I have several friends that may pull the trigger on one next year though. It just looks right for it's intended mission.
Dilly Dilly

Old 11-25-2017, 04:13 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Well a couple pics as promised, Added new pillion pad, and luggage rack docking hardware.
From my take off parts bin blacked out rear visor directionals, smoked front directional lenses W/amber bulbs & the swing arm bag from my FLS.
Picking up a windvest tomorrow a long ago loaned out item from my 05 FXDL.
If the windvest is not practical or functional. It’ll be a 1/4 fairing on the future list. If the weather stays decent I hope to get my first service in before next weekend. Then maybe a Dyno run on Saturday ��.

Attached Thumbnails Streetbob softail?  M8 softail owners?-bba140c9-3f1e-43e7-849c-671dee210b1b.jpeg   Streetbob softail?  M8 softail owners?-5e033ce5-6f8e-43ff-bee1-6fb8413efaad.jpeg   Streetbob softail?  M8 softail owners?-d7491594-614b-46db-97cc-defc8b0ff9e6.jpeg  

Last edited by rowan; 11-25-2017 at 04:18 PM.
sportglide (11-26-2017)
Old 11-25-2017, 06:09 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Originally Posted by rowan
Well a couple pics as promised, Added new pillion pad, and luggage rack docking hardware.
From my take off parts bin blacked out rear visor directionals, smoked front directional lenses W/amber bulbs & the swing arm bag from my FLS.
Picking up a windvest tomorrow a long ago loaned out item from my 05 FXDL.
If the windvest is not practical or functional. It’ll be a 1/4 fairing on the future list. If the weather stays decent I hope to get my first service in before next weekend. Then maybe a Dyno run on Saturday ��.
Looking good bro. Glad you got to put some miles on her today. Wanted to get on mine but got wrapped up installing that SE pro auto tuner

Old 11-25-2017, 08:05 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Toner123
Looking good bro. Glad you got to put some miles on her today. Wanted to get on mine but got wrapped up installing that SE pro auto tuner
Good deal,
I’m probably going to go, Street cannons with tuner and K&N for stage 1 May wait til after first service
Though.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:17 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Toner123
Let us know how that goes man please !
Very interested in that process.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:26 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Originally Posted by badcooky
Let us know how that goes man please !
Very interested in that process.
Got the pro street auto tuner installed. The 2018 use a different extension cable to the front o2 sensor. Didn't realize that untill after I bought the other one for the 17 and down. Wasn't a big deal though. I just unpinned the connector from my narrow band o2 sensor and swapped that connector to the extension harness. Would have bought the other one but it doesn't even show up on Harley's website. Like I said only difference is the one end connector. Installed the heavy breather also. Drilled and tapped the exhaust to accept the new wideband sensors. Just waiting for the street cannons to get her to put the exhaust back on.

Dont mind the boxes and mess getting ready to move.

Last edited by Toner123; 11-25-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Originally Posted by rowan
Good deal,
I’m probably going to go, Street cannons with tuner and K&N for stage 1 May wait til after first service
Though.
Might be worth waiting until the parts run in february. I got about 500 in points so that will more then cover my cam with a good percent pulled

rowan (11-26-2017)

Quick Reply: Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?