Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 06:26 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Best advice given thus far is to consider the new sport glide. Not only do you get a lot more bike for the money, the versatility is unmatched. The reason you're not hearing much about the softbob is it looks like an overpriced metric clone (vstar 650). It screams cheap, low rent, and entry level. The two my dealer got when they came out are still on the floor.

Old 11-24-2017, 08:33 AM
Toner123
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Best advice given thus far is to consider the new sport glide. Not only do you get a lot more bike for the money, the versatility is unmatched. The reason you're not hearing much about the softbob is it looks like an overpriced metric clone (vstar 650). It screams cheap, low rent, and entry level. The two my dealer got when they came out are still on the floor.
Well this is a interesting view but ok. I don't see how it looks cheap at all not do I really see the resemblance of the star. Also my dealer had 2 fatbobs sitting on the floor right now from when the bike a first came out. Does that mean they are not selling? Plenty have purchased that street bob. Most of the 2018 bike reviews gave the street bob the most credit. Not trying to bash you or attack, you are entitled to your ok I open sir.

Old 11-24-2017, 10:53 AM
kb_jag
Tourer
Received 145 Likes on 99 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by Toner123
Well this is a interesting view but ok. I don't see how it looks cheap at all not do I really see the resemblance of the star. Also my dealer had 2 fatbobs sitting on the floor right now from when the bike a first came out. Does that mean they are not selling? Plenty have purchased that street bob. Most of the 2018 bike reviews gave the street bob the most credit. Not trying to bash you or attack, you are entitled to your ok I open sir.
Kinda have to agree here. After owning 35 odd HDs the street bob is not for me...BUT , thank God for the bob ya know. A low cost, light weight , blank canvas. Can't wait to see what people do to these. I think it's a great move. It sure beats the he'll out of the softail standard with the old pewter colored engine imo. No offence standard riders, it just didn't lend itself to customization the way the sb does.

Old 11-24-2017, 12:00 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,184 Likes on 2,435 Posts

Originally Posted by rowan
Ok here goes seems strange asking in the softail section but that’s what it is now?

Hoping to get some Streetbob owners to chime in on how there liking the bike?
Not seeing a bunch of posts about the streetbob softail. Owner of a 14 slim here and I made the mistake of test riding the streetbob wow, now on the fence of trading my slim initially planned on stage 2 this winter with new 2-1. This is on temporary hold
So hoping from input on the new M8 softails? Streetbob?
Here's my video review of the M8 Street Bob-

And a written review with Photos at the bottom of this LINK

Old 11-24-2017, 06:20 PM
rowan
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Well I went and done Did It! Pics to follow tomorrow,
Color Vivid Black,

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (11-26-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 06:49 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Color Vivid Black,
Congrats brother. I think you will be happy

Old 11-24-2017, 06:51 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Color Vivid Black,
Out of curiosity where in VA are you located. My dealership sold their vivid black one today.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:54 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Toner123
It's nothing to do with the bike it self, confederate has an issue with me ! ha ha.
It's sort of lost for a forum , didn't have an M8 and hated over there now it's here in Softail hating on the Street bob .
Go figure !

Last edited by badcooky; 11-24-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Color Vivid Black,
Well done it's a great little bike!
Start a new thread when ya get some pics man!

Last edited by badcooky; 11-24-2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:10 PM
Toner123
Tourer

Originally Posted by badcooky
It's nothing to do with the bike it self, confederate has an issue with me ! ha ha.
It's sort of lost for a forum , didn't have an M8 and hated over there now it's here in Softail hating on the Street bob .
Go figure !
Really doesn't matter to me if people like my bike or not. He isn't paying for it lol. Seeing you quoted me, and rereading it, I can tell I just woke up when I wrote that lol. Looks like i don't know **** about English.

Quick Reply: Streetbob softail? M8 softail owners?