Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C&C vs. Mammoth for seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007 | 08:57 PM
spike95
|
Road Master
Default C&C vs. Mammoth for seats

I have finally decided to throw my vanity to the wind and get a touring seat for my bike. I am torn between the Mammoth Choppers"Prehistoric Tourer"or the C&C Seats "Sport Tourer." Which one is more comfortable? Also, I noticed that the shape of the C&C solo with pillion looks extremely similar in shape to the Sport Tourer, so I'm wondering if the pillion they offer isthe same dimensions as the rear on their Sport Tourerwhich would giveme the optionof switching from a cool solo to the big touring setup. Any help is much appreciated!

Spike

Old 06-15-2007 | 09:42 PM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior
Default RE: C&C vs. Mammoth for seats

I have the sport tour spike and I can say that it is comfortable. I haven't had any complaints about the passenger seat either as everyone who has ridden back there says it is comfortable. I don't have any experience with the mammoth seats though so sorry.

Old 06-16-2007 | 03:07 AM
spike95
|
Road Master

giving myself a bump

Old 06-16-2007 | 11:56 AM
norton
Road Captain

I just put a Mustang vintage wide on my Deluxe and absolutely love it. Looks a lot better than I thought it would too.

Old 06-16-2007 | 01:32 PM
misslaura
Intermediate

We just got our C&C Sport tour yesterday, it is a 2 up not solo. It looks great, but we have not gotten it on the bike just yet. The bike is at the shop getting some work done. We are going to go by there later and put the seat on to see how it looks. The passenger part looks kind of wide, good for me but not sure how it is going to look on the bike. I will let you know how it is as far as comfort goes.

Old 06-16-2007 | 05:00 PM
DallasBowen
6th Gear

I have a Mammoth Ice Age Solo on my Deluxe. No experience with the Tour model, although I am planning on buying one in the near future. I am very happy with the Solo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/31839/F31F2002EAEA4D1E823730869741382F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-16-2007 | 08:22 PM
Lunder99
Cruiser

I've got the C&C sport tour on my train and have put 300+ miles a day on w/o any issues as long as I get off and walk around every now and again.
Chris

Old 06-19-2007 | 03:41 AM
spike95
|
Road Master

I went ahead and ordered the C&CSport Tour today. They said it would onlytake 5-7 days to make my seat and get it shipped, so I'm planning on taking a long ride the weekend after next! I've fought the idea of getting a touring seat up until now, and now that I've decided to do it, I'm really excited. I love the look of my littlesolo, but it keeps me from wanting to ride anywhere far and that just plain sucks. I'll let everyone know how it is as soon as I get to take a long ride. I did a rough photoshop of how it will look on my bike (mine won't have the red flames on it). It looks about as cool as Ithink a touring seat can look on a stripped down bike. Let me know what you guys think.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32967/9D5F59190E7A4A82AD474774B481444C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-19-2007 | 08:54 AM
lionsqrne
Road Warrior

U will like that seat. It's very comfortable and the back support that it gives is great. I actually like it better than my solo (which is also c&c) sometimes. it's a little wider and lowers you down another 1/4 inch or 1/2 or something like that.

Good luck man.

Old 06-26-2007 | 04:21 PM
spike95
|
Road Master

Well, I got the seat in yesterday. It took exactly one week from the time I ordered it and they had to custom make mine. Pretty impressive, I think.It looks about as attractive as a touring seat can for my style of bike. I've only ridden it around the parking lot here, so I can't really speak to it's touring comfort yet. It moves me forward and up a little from where my little barhopper seat was, but that is probably a good thing to make my handlebar reach more comfortable. I'm not used to having any back support so it does feel weird having the seat pressed against my low back. But I have a feeling that, after riding for a while, it'll break in and I'll be glad it is there. Only downside is that I've decided it looks totally stupid with my cut down fender and I don't want to be dealing with any water spray on a long trip, so I'm gonna put back on the stock tins for going out of town. Also, I'm gonna have to lose the sidemount plate so I can put on my cheapo saddlebags on longer trips. For weekend trips, I'm getting a large roll bag from T bags to strap to my bars and I pack light. It sucks that I'm gonna have to ditch a lot of my stripped down look, but I'm getting really jealous of you guys that ride 500 miles in a day without blinking!

ps. pics coming as soon as the fenders are back on