Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 05:26 AM
sportglide
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts
Default motorcycle ***** i am.

Originally Posted by Qdog002
Went to my dealer today to see the new sportglide. Beautiful bike. Sat on it to get a feel of it. For me the handle bars need to come up and back a couple inches. Riser extentions would probably work for me. But between this, the new lowrider and the heritage, the heritage speaks the loudest to me with the way the bike feels. Unfortunately, I will have to wait till spring before I can test ride those three.

On another note I also went to the Triumph dealer to see the new speedmaster, but they have not been released to this dealer yet. They did have a few Bonnies that looked great and a price of $10999.00 for the 2017 two tone. Also had a left over new 2015 Suzuki V strom with panniers for $7499.00
I have more money than sense sometimes - So I too checked out the 2018 Triumph Speedmaster - It's a marvel of parallel twin engineering and pre-ordered one. I like having 3 bikes - I have a 2015 Indian Scout, my new HD 2018 Sport Glide (yes I had the 114 conversion done) and the 2018 Speedmaster will be #3 come spring time.. My wife rides a 2016 Can Am Spyder. All of these bikes represent models that fit a shorter rider who is 60 years young very well. They say form should follow function, so I ride to and from work most days, even in the cold ! this is a highly customized 2015 first run indian scout #124 - it is a high reving machine that took about 7K to make right.
I Traded in this 2014 Honda Valkyrie for the HD Sport Glide because it was just too big for me - I owned the 2015 Honda F6B also and sold it first - great machines but ginormeous for a little guy like me..
My original thought was to convert the bigger bikes to a tilting motorworks full leaning rig. But i quickly learned that without reverse i could get in trouble quickly.
Having played with the Sport Glide now for a full week of riding I can say I made the right choice!

Old 11-19-2017, 05:31 AM
sportglide
Cruiser

To continue my thoughts - I think the most versatile of all three bikes will be the new sport glide (why?) because it is a much more stable platform at speed than the speedmaster or the scout. I had the HD sport glide on the highway in 30 knot winds yesterday and she held the road perfectly, both the scout and the triumph will get tossed around on the highway, with or without wind, and your b-hole puckers when a truck goes by. On the HD I just smiled when I had a few truck go by because the Sport Glide behaved so well, even in the dirty air.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:56 AM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Congrats!!! I like it. After seeing the moco go all dr. frankenstein and create abortions out of the street bob and low rider, I must say I was having my doubts. Too close to Road King money for my liking, but I think it will sell much better than the abortions mentioned above.

The following 2 users liked this post by confederate:
LXT (11-25-2017), sportglide (11-23-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 01:16 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Sportglide, you did NOT put the 114 in there to let trucks pass you right?
Nice collection you got there. The 114 is a nice add. Did you go Stage 3 or motor swap? Nice ride you got there.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (12-03-2017)
Old 11-19-2017, 10:20 PM
Gasguzlr
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats, and a great stable you’ve got there. I’m very interested to hear your thoughts regarding the stage 3, as I’m doing the same to mine but won’t be able to ride til spring (Possibly april up here). Also, I’m guessing you left the stock pipe on because I don’t think there are any options at the moment. I’m hoping when it’s time to get my bike on the road there will be something else available. I do have to say though, that I thought the stock pipe sounds pretty good, and should sound even better with that 498 cam in the stage 3.

Anyway, looking forward to your impressions while I can only dream about riding mine.

Cheers

R

Old 11-19-2017, 10:49 PM
Mr-Mike
Road Master
Received 179 Likes on 148 Posts

Never considered a SE120R?

Old 11-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Gasguzlr
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Thought about it, but so far I’m enjoying the M8 platform. I’ve had good luck with it in my cvo.

But now you have me thinking a bit...

Cheers

R

Old 11-21-2017, 04:46 PM
Qdog002
Stellar HDF Member
Received 868 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by sportglide
I have more money than sense sometimes - So I too checked out the 2018 Triumph Speedmaster - It's a marvel of parallel twin engineering and pre-ordered one. I like having 3 bikes - I have a 2015 Indian Scout, my new HD 2018 Sport Glide (yes I had the 114 conversion done) and the 2018 Speedmaster will be #3 come spring time.. My wife rides a 2016 Can Am Spyder. All of these bikes represent models that fit a shorter rider who is 60 years young very well. They say form should follow function, so I ride to and from work most days, even in the cold !
Did you go with the two tone SpeedMaster? What a great looking bike they are. The bike has such a old school look to it, especially with the hidden back shock. The frame looks alot like the Softails. You`ll have to post up a few pictures of it when you get it.

Yes the Honda looks HUGE. Sort of like "Judge Dread" HUGE. I can understand why you traded it. If a bike isn`t being ridden, oh well...
Nice color on the Scout. Looks a little to busy in the motor area for me. I`ll bet she rides smooth though.
this is a highly customized 2015 first run indian scout #124 - it is a high reving machine that took about 7K to make right.
I Traded in this 2014 Honda Valkyrie for the HD Sport Glide because it was just too big for me - I owned the 2015 Honda F6B also and sold it first - great machines but ginormeous for a little guy like me..
My original thought was to convert the bigger bikes to a tilting motorworks full leaning rig. But i quickly learned that without reverse i could get in trouble quickly.
Having played with the Sport Glide now for a full week of riding I can say I made the right choice!

Old 11-23-2017, 09:59 AM
sportglide
Cruiser
Default stage IV screaming eagle

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Sportglide, you did NOT put the 114 in there to let trucks pass you right?
Nice collection you got there. The 114 is a nice add. Did you go Stage 3 or motor swap? Nice ride you got there.
Stage IV full HD upgrade at purchase so all is considered original to the bike and WARRANTY

Old 11-23-2017, 04:50 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by sportglide
Stage IV full HD upgrade at purchase so all is considered original to the bike and WARRANTY
Nice! That's a great way to do it.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (11-24-2017)

Quick Reply: 2018 Sport Glide