Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changing wheels on '18 Hedritage

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 08:06 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Changing wheels on '18 Hedritage

I've never cared for spoke wheels, and after cleaning them this weekend I really don't like them! Can you guys recommend sources to start looking for 16" wheels? Other than a sponsor here, HogPro, I don't know where to start looking. A google search turned up some places but I have no idea if any of them are 'good' places to do business with or not.

Thanks, Brothers!

Old 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 251 Posts

Aftermarket wheel for the '18's may be sparse at the moment, that being said I have sold wheels from the following companies and would recommend them:

Renegade Wheels
Coastal Moto
Performance Machine
Roland Sands
Xtreme Machine

Stay away from DNA like the plague...

Old 11-08-2017, 09:29 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
Aftermarket wheel for the '18's may be sparse at the moment, that being said I have sold wheels from the following companies and would recommend them:

Renegade Wheels
Coastal Moto
Performance Machine
Roland Sands
Xtreme Machine

Stay away from DNA like the plague...
I know they changed alot on the '18's but thought wheels would be the same! Thanks for the info to get started.

Old 11-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Hi-perf old poop
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Heritage wheels

My feelings exactly. Not only hard to clean, but you cant just plug them to get home after a flat. This is what I am doing. I had my H-D dealer check the part # and said that the solftail wheel numbers that ended in -08 and up will work. So I am going to use the H-D machete wheels. If you look in the new parts book it says they will fit. So any of the after market late model Heritage wheels should work, but talk to the markers of the wheels. I plan on using the dupli-color black chrome tint kit to keep the dark look. Harley used to make these in black chrome but stopped a few years back. Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2017, 08:18 PM
triumph900
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-perf old poop
My feelings exactly. Not only hard to clean, but you cant just plug them to get home after a flat. This is what I am doing. I had my H-D dealer check the part # and said that the solftail wheel numbers that ended in -08 and up will work. So I am going to use the H-D machete wheels. If you look in the new parts book it says they will fit. So any of the after market late model Heritage wheels should work, but talk to the markers of the wheels. I plan on using the dupli-color black chrome tint kit to keep the dark look. Harley used to make these in black chrome but stopped a few years back. Hope this helps.
That’s good information, thanks.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 PM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hi-perf old poop
Yeah, that tube thing is another reason not to like them! Thanks for the info, does help alot.

Old 11-08-2017, 09:50 PM
TrqUSMC
Advanced
Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I've contacted a couple of wheel manufacturers and all of them say they don't fit yet. It probably has something to do with not knowing what sized fit yet without testing it out. At least thats the scoop from coastal and perf machine.

Old 11-09-2017, 10:26 AM
DeeRides
Outstanding HDF Member

So what wouldn't fit? Different axel size? Just seems weird to me!

Old 11-09-2017, 11:58 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 47 Likes on 44 Posts

I was just at Renegade Wheels the other day and they were measuring some 2018 Softail stuff and the dimensions were different on some of the applications. Very minimal differences but enough to affect fitment so if you want aftermarket I would sit tight for the next few months until everything gets dialed in.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:20 PM
Hi-perf old poop
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Heritage wheels

Don't know about the after market but the Machete H-D wheels are in the 18 parts book as a fit, look it up. And yes the axel is larger in dia. after 2007. And if you own a 18 heritage classic s don't forget you need the anti lock bearing.

Quick Reply: Changing wheels on '18 Hedritage