Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How comfortable is the Crossbones seat?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 06:56 PM
JohnK-NJ
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How comfortable is the Crossbones seat?

I was thinking of installing a Crossbones seat on my Fatboy. I was wondering how comfortable you guys think it is?

Old 10-02-2017, 06:59 PM
SpringerRider
Road Captain
Received 191 Likes on 104 Posts

I call mine a tractor seat. It doesn't have much cushion so I put a gel pad on it for long trips. I do alright but I'll get numb butt after 2 hrs.

The following users liked this post:
JohnK-NJ (10-03-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 09:09 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

The 1925 seat is fine. You can move your butt around to relieve pressure before your back starts to hurt. The particular version used stock on the Crossbones limits this a great deal with padding in the back half. It also tends to push you forward, so a taller rider like myself can be a little cramped. I use a version of the seat that is a replica of the WWII WLA seat and have found it very comfortable for long trips.

JohnK-NJ (10-03-2017)
Old 10-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Zoider
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 4,069 Likes on 2,431 Posts

When I ride my wife's Crossbones I always feel like I'm sitting noticeably higher than on my Heritage in relation to the floor boards.

JohnK-NJ (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:37 AM
FLSSBart
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Its been years since I had my Crossbones. While I never took a super long ride on it, maybe a couple hours straight in the saddle. I don't remember it being particularly uncomfortable. Not enough so that I felt I had to replace it as the first mod like on my FLSS.

I do recall that it kinda did hold you in place so you didn't have alot of usable space to move around to ease pressure...

JohnK-NJ (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 07:25 AM
JohnK-NJ
Tourer

The longest I ever ride is about 3hrs straight. I once made a seat and during the first long ride I was looking for bubble wrap on the side of the road to cushion my ***.

Old 10-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Smile fort

The stock seat on my 08 Crossbones was uncomfortable and seemed to want to push me forward so off it came. Have a 53 Pan and have several seats for it so thought it was very comfortable and put one on 'Bones'. Short rides it was good but the first long ride proved me wrong. Put my junk asleep after a couple of hours and had me squirming all over the seat. Found a regular frame mounted seat on flea bay from Corbin and gave it a try. Found the suspension on a Crossbones was made for a lumber wagon and shortened my spine every bump on the road. Then back to the Pan seat and 'Bones' was my favorite but short ride bike. Put a Shotgun Shock setup on 'Bones' and went back to the Corbin seat and so far I like it but haven't ridden far and it's a minimal seat. Junk don't go to sleep and spine is happier. Just my 2 cents. I'll get some long rides in Az this winter so hope it pans out

JohnK-NJ (10-03-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 06:31 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I had a X-Bones seat for a while and liked it. I use a cop seat now for long distance. Most comfortable motorcycle seat I’ve ever had.

JohnK-NJ (10-04-2017)
Old 10-03-2017, 08:42 PM
JohnK-NJ
Tourer

Originally Posted by IronAss
I had a X-Bones seat for a while and liked it. I use a cop seat now for long distance. Most comfortable motorcycle seat I’ve ever had.
I thought the Crossbones seat was just like a cop seat? Is there a big difference?

Old 10-03-2017, 08:46 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 12,258 Likes on 4,784 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnK-NJ
I thought the Crossbones seat was just like a cop seat? Is there a big difference?
Cop seat uses a different pan and has better leather and padding.

Quick Reply: How comfortable is the Crossbones seat?