Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gee's 2018 FLFBS Fat Boy 114 thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017 | 06:27 AM
Gee
|
Tourer
Default DIY Tank Lift 1.25" installed.

Forgot to mention I made a tank lift and installed in with the new handlebars. It's only a 1.25 inch lift but I wanted to feel lower in the seat and the tank lift helps with the illusion. I will try and take a picture that is at the same angle of an older picture so it is easy to see the lift on the bike. I can't find any real good comparison since the angle of the picture do not line up well.

You can see the aluminum bracket for the lift in front of the tank in this picture. I have to take the tank off or move it back again for some wiring coming up and will paint black at that time.

The following 2 users liked this post by Gee:
roadrunner1414 (09-21-2021), TORQUEY (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017 | 07:38 AM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member

Gee, that scoot looks great...Gee!

Old 11-12-2017 | 08:55 AM
DanBO18
Tourer

Shows off the motor a bit more too. That is one unique, awesome bike!

Old 11-12-2017 | 10:45 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

That's looking great. I'm looking to do that exactly as I slight miss the "in the bike" feel of the older frame. Might save me from doing something stupid like swap to an 18" front wheel...Nice seat too...and even your hand protectors look ok for hand protectors.

Old 11-12-2017 | 12:13 PM
reynoldss
Cruiser

Very Nice!

Old 11-16-2017 | 08:41 AM
KJLuke
Stage IV

Gee,

I lurked here yesterday reading yours and Nutt's posts on each of your customizations, respectfully. I like what you did. One thing that stuck out was how you relocated the front turn signals to the forks. Any part/info on what you did and the mounting? It looks good.

At the moment, I don't have a bike at all, but have been building/modding the new fatboy in my mind...

Kev

Old 11-16-2017 | 09:36 AM
Gee
|
Tourer
Default Light Bar Installed Auxiliary Driving Lights Turn Signal Relocation

Thank for the encouragement.

Welcome to the forum KJLuke. The brackets I used were from the Memphis shade relocation kit that came with the Batwing I purchased for my previous bike. With that said though I got the front light bar installed and moved the turn signal lights to it now. Although I am not sure if I am going to keep it that way. They aux lights look good from the front of the bike but when I look at it from the side I have second thoughts about running it.

Looking for opinions on how the light bar fits/looks on the bike. Any comments on it? Tried to get a couple before and after shot that helps see the tank lift also.

Old 11-16-2017 | 09:03 PM
rednred
Tourer

Understand and agree with comments about lights. They stick out so far when viewed from side - not noticeable from front. Don’t see a reasonable way around that though.

Good job on everything though and thanks for a great thread!

Originally Posted by Gee
Thank for the encouragement.

Welcome to the forum KJLuke. The brackets I used were from the Memphis shade relocation kit that came with the Batwing I purchased for my previous bike. With that said though I got the front light bar installed and moved the turn signal lights to it now. Although I am not sure if I am going to keep it that way. They aux lights look good from the front of the bike but when I look at it from the side I have second thoughts about running it.

Looking for opinions on how the light bar fits/looks on the bike. Any comments on it? Tried to get a couple before and after shot that helps see the tank lift also.

Old 11-19-2017 | 04:14 PM
kb_jag
Tourer

Just great to see the Fattys getting modded so quickly. Really like the direction your going Gee. Keep up the good work and great post.

Old 11-19-2017 | 04:56 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

Agree the light bar and lights look good from the front. But looks too cluttered from the side. Bike looks really clean from the side without the lights. Maybe try smaller simpler lights?

Congrats on all the good work you are doing to that "Boy".

Quick Reply: Gee's 2018 FLFBS Fat Boy 114 thread