Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gee's 2018 FLFBS Fat Boy 114 thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 06:15 PM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Additional Sound Clips with the DK Customs Thunder Torque Inserts added to the slip ons.

Sorry I didn't get to this last night. I took a couple of sound bites for you today one before I left and one after I got home when the bike was well warmed up. I also adding the first two clips just so it easier to compare the different sounds. If you notice anything else different about the bike don't say anything to anybody. It a surprise for my next posting........

First Clip with just the thunder monster baffles installed

Second Clip with just the thunder monster baffles installed

First Clip with the thunder monster baffles and DK Customs TTI installed

Second clip with the thunder monster baffles and DK Customs TTI installed

The following 3 users liked this post by Gee:
DK Custom - ST (11-01-2017), Jessica Sinclair (11-05-2017), Thingfish (11-01-2017)
Old 10-31-2017, 10:15 PM
MrNovember80
Cruiser
Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

It’s alive!!!
And yes, I spy with my little eye........New..........
cant wait to see shots with better angles, been wanting to see how it looks with those on.

Last edited by MrNovember80; 10-31-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:02 AM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee
Sorry I didn't get to this last night. I took a couple of sound bites for you today one before I left and one after I got home when the bike was well warmed up. I also adding the first two clips just so it easier to compare the different sounds. If you notice anything else different about the bike don't say anything to anybody. It a surprise for my next posting........

First Clip with just the thunder monster baffles installed

https://youtu.be/QRX3sf2X8iw

Second Clip with just the thunder monster baffles installed

https://youtu.be/-TXFoY_MINI

First Clip with the thunder monster baffles and DK Customs TTI installed
https://youtu.be/jI8cJ7OdEWY

Second clip with the thunder monster baffles and DK Customs TTI installed
https://youtu.be/39T-dnB3BXQ
Great sound clips!

Thanks!

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Old 11-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Gee!!! Looking good and Sounding good!!! Thanks for the vids. Loving the mods too...hint hint..sweet. You could do a "what's different" game post. Looks like some nice ride days ahead.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:01 PM
Gee
Tourer
Default Arlen Ness Modular Handlebars

Thanks Cristy, the TTI are working just as advertised. I am very happy with the sound and the return of the low end I lost with the open exhaust. The only thing that I don't like is the weather forecast.

MrNovember I love the Arnold Selfie picture. Too funny!

I did pull the trigger and got the new bars on the bike. It was a lot of turmoil finding the right bars and in reality not finding the right bars was the problem. There was nothing out there in the 1 1/4" that had the rise, pullback, width that I was accustom too. The problem stems all the way back to 4th grade. My ride back then had some pullbacks and well it's laid the road map for all my rides every since.

There were 1" bars that would fit the bill but I couldn't go back to 1" bars now. All the Ape hangers out there were too wide my liking and they all have no pullback to them. Pretty much every thing was too wide even the 1 1/4" bars that had some pull back were in the 30+ range. The Arlen Ness Modular where too pricey but it seemed like I ended up back at the page looking at them. They were the closest I could find. Once I reasoned with myself that if I put some stuff on craigs list from the old bike. I could justify the cost of these modulars and come out even. So I posted up the stuff and bought the bars with my Citibank card. Hell 1% back on the cost plus another 1% when I pay the card back plus the 7% off at Phat Performance. Hell yes, it was all working out. Except the items are still for sale on CL and I failed to bring up the interest I was going to charged for the bars if the items didn't sale. Wasn't the first time I lied to myself to get what I wanted. Here's a couple teasers until I get the time to do a up a proper novel on them.

The following 3 users liked this post by Gee:
DK Custom - ST (11-01-2017), Thingfish (11-01-2017), TORQUEY (11-01-2017)
Old 11-01-2017, 12:07 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

My buddy has the modular bars and loves them.

I've got a whole extra bike in my garage with that exact reasoning...."don't worry dear, I'll sell it later when the season/market is stronger...." just never happened.

Old 11-01-2017, 12:56 PM
TORQUEY
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee

I did pull the trigger and got the new bars on the bike. It was a lot of turmoil finding the right bars and in reality not finding the right bars was the problem. There was nothing out there in the 1 1/4" that had the rise, pullback, width that I was accustom too. The problem stems all the way back to 4th grade. My ride back then had some pullbacks and well it's laid the road map for all my rides every since.

Great bike. I had the "hardnose / hardtail" version of that one, with no suspension fore or aft and standard sized front wheel in the sparkle green! How I loved that bike (!!!), which came out before the Apple Krate, Orange Peel, and Pea Picker series (though I think mine had a round shift ****). I guess you're right Gee, nothing's really much changed!!!

Last edited by TORQUEY; 11-01-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:45 PM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 74 Posts

sound good at idle but what does it sound like when you ride it?

Could you do a ride by sound and a video of you riding it? This is where the m8 fails miserably .... they sound like Kawasaki

Old 11-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Gee
Tourer

Sorry Jessica, winter has arrived up here in the Pacific Northwest and it may be some time before the bike is back on the road. Would a drive by sound bite from the snow blower hold you over?

Torquey - Your right. Not much has changed. Notice the rise and pullback on the snow blower.

Ya like what ya like.

Last edited by Gee; 11-08-2017 at 09:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 10:02 PM
Gee
Tourer
Default Light Bar and Auxiliary Driving Lights

I like the looks of aux lights on the front and wanted to see if I could come up with something to hang the turn signals on and mount aux lights without paying out a lot of money. After the price I was charged for the parts to put the new bars on I am not ready to pay any more HD prices for a while.
It's turned into just a challenge now to see if I can make a 6 dollar light bar work on a 20k bike. The LED headlight puts off plenty of light to see at night so I searched for aux light that might compliment the look of the new headlight on the Fat Boy and the amount of light being put out by them really didn't matter compared to their looks. Below are the closest ones I found.

I rounded up the light bar on ebay for 6.00 plus shipping, the Aux lights also on ebay for 25 total and the most expensive part was the chrome handle bar switch with wiring harness and relay cost 35.00 dollars.

The lights arrived first so I took some led bulb I had for the car and replaced the light bulbs that came with the lights. I had to solder the wires onto the LED bulbs to keep them tight in the socket. The LEDs made a huge difference.

The Aux lights were the only ones that I found that had a similar look to the headlight. Flat spot on the top and roundish on the bottom. If I get bored this winter I may try to duplicate the black pattern that the headlight has onto the aux lights.

The light bar arrived later on and I mocked up a quick mounting setup to just verify the lights and turn signal would fit and not kit the fork covers. That what the pictures above are from.

Now I am working a making one that will be stronger and keep the light bar steady. The reason you can't just mount the light bar up is the that the bolts that you would mount the light bar to the triple tree with are at a 45 degree angel give or take a few degrees.

Bending the mounting part of the light bar is my last option if I cannot come up with a stronger adapter that will allow me to mount the light bar. I have a couple of ideas I am going to try out and see which is the strongest.

I need to get some more stock for the spacer but one idea is to create spaces at 45 degree angels to sandwich the light bar plate between. The other option I was trying created a hassle to mount it since the bracket would be in the way of the mounting bolts.

The following users liked this post:
Thingfish (11-12-2017)

Quick Reply: Gee's 2018 FLFBS Fat Boy 114 thread