Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 heritage classic, where's the reviews fellas?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017 | 06:46 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I think it's a great touring bike. I'll need a better seat for 300+ mile days (Corbin probably), but otherwise I prefer it overall to my '16 RK. The extra weight of the RK makes it a bit more of a steam roller at high speeds through wind and pavement irregularities (I'd rather hit a dear with a RK), but the Heritage handles great, is all day comfortable, and hauls. The RK was a little more "car like" in its size and weight than I prefer. If I had to ride cross country 54 hours straight to save a life, can't beat a touring rig....for anything else...the Heritage is more than enjoyable and capable.
Thanks for the review. I believe Harley has a Hammock seat for long hauls. I had one on my last bike and liked it.

Old 09-16-2017 | 07:33 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Lol!

I felt pretty much the same way. Regarding touring 2up it's hard to judge for me. My son did not like the passenger floorboards on my RK...he prefers the pegs on the Heritage. Weird I know...easy to swap on the RK but it's gone...here's the strangest touring experience for me though...my older son is 6'4...on my Dyna and RK we were always cramped...on my Sportster 72 (sold and missed) I had a LaPera Cherokee seat and backrest...we were both completely comfortable. I'm sure I could have fixed the issues on the RK and Dyna, but my point is with the Heritage I think with the right accommodations it will be a very good 2up as well.

Regarding the 114, I wonder if your test ride motor was still low miles and super tight. When I ride the 107 Deluxe and 114 Heritage back to back I felt they were pretty close, but as it breaks in the 114 seems to be getting a lot stronger...I guess the same would be true for the 107....but just a thought before you put the money down. Both grand motors though. Love these bikes! Lexpert has a Twisted Cherry Heritage and it looks great in his pics.
The bike only had about 100 miles on it. It's not that it lacked power, it's just that for the way I ride I'm not sure I need it $1300 worth. I didn't ride a passenger, but it felt smaller than my RK. When I think of touring I'm thinking of a 3 to 4 thousand mile trip loaded with camping gear. I could see myself doing Sturgis on this bike, just not with a passenger and gear.

Old 09-16-2017 | 09:22 PM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

Here are a few specs

107" bore 3.937" stroke 4.374 compression 10:1 with 109 pound feet at 3,000 rpm

114". bore 4.016" stroke 4.5" compression 10.5:1 with 119 pound feet at 3,000 rpm

Twin cooled 117" (CVO Limited)

bore 4.075" stroke 4.5" compression 10.2:1 with 125 pound feet at 3,500 rpm

If you notice, the 114 and 117 have the same stroke and the difference in bore size isn't very much while the 114 has higher compression.

Old 09-16-2017 | 09:36 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by - Elliott
Honest mistake in product identification makes me a troll and apperantly a moron. Man, the bar is set pretty low, I'd hate to see what a more severe offense would make me..
I apologize. I need to be a better person on this forum. I thought since you were posting on the softail forum, that you knew the Heritage was a softail, since it's listed as one of the bikes in the description.
I hope you're enjoying your new bike and put a ton of miles on it.
Safe riding!

Old 09-16-2017 | 09:42 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army

It's ugly, don't care how it handles or rides

Old 09-17-2017 | 08:23 AM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I apologize. I need to be a better person on this forum. I thought since you were posting on the softail forum, that you knew the Heritage was a softail, since it's listed as one of the bikes in the description.
I hope you're enjoying your new bike and put a ton of miles on it.
Safe riding!
It's not easy to have a paradigm shift, especially on an internet forum with so much passion as the Harley name carrys. Much respect to you brother, we get so caught up on a few words that we forget to see the actual person. Ride safe dude, and let's hope you're vision of Harleys future is wrong or maybe somewhere n between! Lol

Old 09-17-2017 | 08:24 AM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gamble71
It's ugly, don't care how it handles or rides
Stop beating around the bush and just tell us how you really feel..

Old 09-17-2017 | 08:34 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by - Elliott
It's not easy to have a paradigm shift, especially on an internet forum with so much passion as the Harley name carrys. Much respect to you brother, we get so caught up on a few words that we forget to see the actual person. Ride safe dude, and let's hope you're vision of Harleys future is wrong or maybe somewhere n between! Lol

I do t know if it's an unintended consequence, but, drastically affecting motorcycles that the fan base has known and loved, is going to have emotions being expressed, both positive and negative. Maybe, in time, people who feel as I do, will realize the greatness of the new bikes and the changes. It's really hard, since the core of these bikes are almost unrecognizable. It seems they should have killed f the softail, too, and just started a new line of bikes called the monoshick series, or something.
The dealership is not too far, many be next time I go in, I'll ride one. I'd like to see how the new Heritage rides. See wha the hubbub is all about. Lol.

Old 09-17-2017 | 09:15 AM
Prot
Club Member
Veteran: Navy
Riders Club Member

You could end up like me. Appreciate the new bikes for what they are knowing your older bike is a better fit for you.

In reality change is inevitable. If you don't believe that then how come you aren't outraged that Harley went to a v-twin instead of sticking with the single cylinder? BTW, for you twin cam folks, your engine isn't really vintage. It's predecessor was substantially different.

You ever see an ugly woman married to a decent looking guy? That guy might be able to get a prettier woman, but this other one is a better match.

Ride what makes you happy. It might be a 2018 or a 1918 model. Life's too short to not be happy.

Last edited by Prot; 09-17-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-17-2017 | 09:26 AM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I do t know if it's an unintended consequence, but, drastically affecting motorcycles that the fan base has known and loved, is going to have emotions being expressed, both positive and negative. Maybe, in time, people who feel as I do, will realize the greatness of the new bikes and the changes. It's really hard, since the core of these bikes are almost unrecognizable. It seems they should have killed f the softail, too, and just started a new line of bikes called the monoshick series, or something.
The dealership is not too far, many be next time I go in, I'll ride one. I'd like to see how the new Heritage rides. See wha the hubbub is all about. Lol.
Try the fat Bob.. I'll see you on the news as you try to make. Your get away with her.

Quick Reply: 2018 heritage classic, where's the reviews fellas?!