Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 heritage classic, where's the reviews fellas?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017 | 01:31 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PDB17UltraRG
For the 3000 dollar price hike don't think too many are buying them reviews are out there just got to find them
That's for the 114. The 107 is a $1500 increase.

Old 09-16-2017 | 01:31 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by - Elliott
Is it considered a soft tail? Man, I thought it would be a touring bike.
Im the idiot,huh? Moron.

Old 09-16-2017 | 01:34 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by MTBIG G
Calling someone a troll cause they are interested in a new harley design, a design that you dont like? Good Lord man! Get over yourself and go for a ride or get drunk or laid or something.
Did you read the whole thread? He doesn't even know the heritage is a softail.

Old 09-16-2017 | 02:09 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by scottt
Do you think the new Heritage could be used for touring? Especially if storage was addressed by adding a quick disconnect rack and backrest along with a large touring bag. I'm thinking that the Heritage may actually have a ride comfort advantage over the RK? or am I kidding myself?

Guess I'm weird, I really like the looks of the new Heritage. Don't think you have to dislike one generation of softail to like another.i like them both for what they are.
I think it's a great touring bike. I'll need a better seat for 300+ mile days (Corbin probably), but otherwise I prefer it overall to my '16 RK. The extra weight of the RK makes it a bit more of a steam roller at high speeds through wind and pavement irregularities (I'd rather hit a dear with a RK), but the Heritage handles great, is all day comfortable, and hauls. The RK was a little more "car like" in its size and weight than I prefer. If I had to ride cross country 54 hours straight to save a life, can't beat a touring rig....for anything else...the Heritage is more than enjoyable and capable.

Last edited by Thingfish; 09-16-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-16-2017 | 02:28 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Did you read the whole thread? He doesn't even know the heritage is a softail.
I've had salesguys at dealerships make that mistake...

Old 09-16-2017 | 04:24 PM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I've had salesguys at dealerships make that mistake...
No dude, I'm the only one in the history of Harley davidson to make that mistake.. I'm THE ONLY ONE. Just ask some of these forums divas, they'll verify this.

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (09-17-2017)
Old 09-16-2017 | 04:28 PM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Im the idiot,huh? Moron.
Honest mistake in product identification makes me a troll and apperantly a moron. Man, the bar is set pretty low, I'd hate to see what a more severe offense would make me..

Old 09-16-2017 | 04:29 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

I did an extended test ride on a 114" Heritage today. Extremely impressed! The 114" engine provides a small but noticeable difference when compared to my 107" RK. IMO, it's not a $1300 difference; if I buy one it will probably be the 107." A big improvement over the power I've experienced with stock 96" and 103" Softails. Engine heat is greatly reduced from my recent experience with a 103."

Handling and stability is fantastic. Turn-in was predictable and reliable, even on bumpy surfaces. I crossed two sets of RR tracks that had me flinching expecting the typical Softail jolt. I was surprised by the smoothness. I crossed the same tracks deliberately on my ride home to see how the RK did. Comparable to the RK, if not better.

The bike is not as roomy as a RK. I think it would fine for a long solo tour. less so with a passenger. Bags seem smaller than the old Heritage bags. They don't look like they will collapse like the old ones, and have 1-touch opening and locks.

The standard ABS brakes are fantastic. The seem to have equal power and superior feel to my '17 ABS RK. I'm not sure what is different, but I love those brakes. Clutch is a light pull cable operated unit. I don't think it has the same S/A clutch the RK has. I wish the RK had the clutch the Heritage has.

The digital display is pale green. Not the easiest to read in bright sun. Possibly something to get used to, but I'm not a fan. More nits to pick: blacked out bike with chrome mirrors and polished levers. No heel shift, but it looks easy to add one. No ignition switch will take some getting used to.

Priced straight from the website, a fair value offered for my Ultra trade in. I'm probably going to buy one. I'm going to wait for a Twisted Cherry one. They haven't seen one yet, but might be next month.

This is a big dealer in the Atlanta metro area. Out of their initial shipment (they said they got a large allocation based on their size) they have a Street Bob, this Heritage, a Slim, and a Fat Boy left. For thse interested in a '17 Softail, they had several Heritages, Slims, and Breakouts marked down about $1500 or more. Also several Dynas available.

Old 09-16-2017 | 04:30 PM
- Elliott
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scottt
Do you think the new Heritage could be used for touring? Especially if storage was addressed by adding a quick disconnect rack and backrest along with a large touring bag. I'm thinking that the Heritage may actually have a ride comfort advantage over the RK? or am I kidding myself?

Guess I'm weird, I really like the looks of the new Heritage. Don't think you have to dislike one generation of softail to like another.i like them both for what they are.

How dare you even consider the heritage for touring...

Old 09-16-2017 | 06:12 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by - Elliott
No dude, I'm the only one in the history of Harley davidson to make that mistake.. I'm THE ONLY ONE. Just ask some of these forums divas, they'll verify this.
Lol!

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
I did an extended test ride on a 114" Heritage today. Extremely impressed! The 114" engine provides a small but noticeable difference when compared to my 107" RK. IMO, it's not a $1300 difference; if I buy one it will probably be the 107." A big improvement over the power I've experienced with stock 96" and 103" Softails. Engine heat is greatly reduced from my recent experience with a 103."

Handling and stability is fantastic. Turn-in was predictable and reliable, even on bumpy surfaces. I crossed two sets of RR tracks that had me flinching expecting the typical Softail jolt. I was surprised by the smoothness. I crossed the same tracks deliberately on my ride home to see how the RK did. Comparable to the RK, if not better.

The bike is not as roomy as a RK. I think it would fine for a long solo tour. less so with a passenger. Bags seem smaller than the old Heritage bags. They don't look like they will collapse like the old ones, and have 1-touch opening and locks.

The standard ABS brakes are fantastic. The seem to have equal power and superior feel to my '17 ABS RK. I'm not sure what is different, but I love those brakes. Clutch is a light pull cable operated unit. I don't think it has the same S/A clutch the RK has. I wish the RK had the clutch the Heritage has.

The digital display is pale green. Not the easiest to read in bright sun. Possibly something to get used to, but I'm not a fan. More nits to pick: blacked out bike with chrome mirrors and polished levers. No heel shift, but it looks easy to add one. No ignition switch will take some getting used to.

Priced straight from the website, a fair value offered for my Ultra trade in. I'm probably going to buy one. I'm going to wait for a Twisted Cherry one. They haven't seen one yet, but might be next month.

This is a big dealer in the Atlanta metro area. Out of their initial shipment (they said they got a large allocation based on their size) they have a Street Bob, this Heritage, a Slim, and a Fat Boy left. For thse interested in a '17 Softail, they had several Heritages, Slims, and Breakouts marked down about $1500 or more. Also several Dynas available.
I felt pretty much the same way. Regarding touring 2up it's hard to judge for me. My son did not like the passenger floorboards on my RK...he prefers the pegs on the Heritage. Weird I know...easy to swap on the RK but it's gone...here's the strangest touring experience for me though...my older son is 6'4...on my Dyna and RK we were always cramped...on my Sportster 72 (sold and missed) I had a LaPera Cherokee seat and backrest...we were both completely comfortable. I'm sure I could have fixed the issues on the RK and Dyna, but my point is with the Heritage I think with the right accommodations it will be a very good 2up as well.

Regarding the 114, I wonder if your test ride motor was still low miles and super tight. When I ride the 107 Deluxe and 114 Heritage back to back I felt they were pretty close, but as it breaks in the 114 seems to be getting a lot stronger...I guess the same would be true for the 107....but just a thought before you put the money down. Both grand motors though. Love these bikes! Lexpert has a Twisted Cherry Heritage and it looks great in his pics.

Quick Reply: 2018 heritage classic, where's the reviews fellas?!