Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Serious butthurt

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017 | 04:57 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

I'll keep enjoying my 2010 Fat Bob, it looks and sounds better than the new Fat Bob. While I was impressed with 2018's handling & power the cost of upgrading to a 2018 isn't worth it. I wish I could afford it but 20 grand for a sport bike is just nuts. There are better performing bikes that cost way less.

Given the motor company's history with new product design problems makes another good reason not to be the first to purchase.
I "ll wait a couple of years to buy a used 1, let someone else take the hit on deprecation & sorting out new design problems.

As for being butt hurt someone else can take it up the ***.

Last edited by Chicago Ken; 09-10-2017 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-09-2017 | 05:20 PM
heavymetalthunder
Grand HDF Member

nice riding bikes but they kinda look like this.

Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
BrkOut (09-25-2017)
Old 09-10-2017 | 09:14 PM
Ddieselsmoke
Tourer

People bought bikes and blacked them out for years. Now HD sells blacked out bikes, now everyone will chrome them out again.
Every time a manufacturer changes production, there's some of the crowd that loves it, and some that hate it. I'm on the fence if I like the new softail. Some of it I do, some of it I don't.
I however am happy to see some change. Look what happened to victory. They didn't change much. Look where they are..
Point is, you can't please everybody, if you stay the same, you die.

smitty901 (09-12-2017)
Old 09-10-2017 | 09:25 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member

Forums are so predictable......

Hard to have a conversation/debate because people take it so personally when someone disagrees with their opinion.....

If you don't like what I like.... you're butt hurt

If you like something I don't.... you drank the cool-aide

Whatever happened to being able to agree to disagree.....

Crmx (10-01-2017)
Old 09-10-2017 | 11:27 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Originally Posted by hattitude
Forums are so predictable......

Hard to have a conversation/debate because people take it so personally when someone disagrees with their opinion.....

If you don't like what I like.... you're butt hurt

If you like something I don't.... you drank the cool-aide

Whatever happened to being able to agree to disagree.....

Pretty much sums up the younger generations these days...and it's only getting worse.

hattitude (09-11-2017)
Old 09-11-2017 | 06:49 AM
cvaria
Supporter

Originally Posted by badcooky
I just went over to the Dyna forum and there's severe butthurt over the new models over there as well. Just as much BS about them too.
It's hilarious.
no there's not. Why are you making stuff up? We've been pushing all that nonsense over here to you guys

Old 09-11-2017 | 10:46 AM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior

If I had the funds a 2018 Fat Bob would be in my garage. What I can't understand is the people who complained for Harley's lack of dated engineering & design innovation over the years are the ones yelling the loudest. I just may have too break down & spend some cash. After test riding the new Fat Bob I can't get it out of my mind.

Old 09-12-2017 | 03:13 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I rode a 114 equipped FB this past weekend. Once I returned home the FXDL went up for sale. The FB is exponentially a better bike.

Old 09-12-2017 | 06:46 AM
GRWHD
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by kngpn
Are the 2018 seats more comfortable?
The 18 Heritage I rode Friday was very comfortable.
I took it for a 40-45 minute ride, I posted about the ride in one of the general Harley chat board posts.

Old 09-12-2017 | 12:09 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member

It's understandable for the Dyna crowd to be upset with Harley discontinuing production of the Dyna. I remember a couple years ago there was a lot of trolling from certain Dyna owner so I can just imagine the outrage. Change is hard for everyone but it is necessary. Harley is finally realizing they can't sell their product on name alone anymore.

As much as I love Harley I am not buying an inferior product just because it says Harley on it. Personally the previous softails were the best blend of modern motorcycles and classic Harleys. The new softails are hybrid of the previous softails, and Dynas with more modern features. Essentially both the Dyna and softail are dead.

I like the new softail just not as much as the previous softails and I am also a fan of progress so I appreciate Harley's wellness to change and become more modern.

cvaria (09-15-2017)

Quick Reply: Serious butthurt