Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For a bunch of bikers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017 | 07:14 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Supporter

Not according to the ol' hard core old school "bikers" of the time.

In 1987, I had a deposit down for a (new) 1986 FXWG- Evo pwr'd, 4 sp Shovel, style frame (last MC Harley ever produced with a kicker)

I think sticker was $8900? Something like that.

I let my "good buddy" old school Harley mechanic talk me into getting my dad's 1974 Shovel and making it a stroker . . . And on . . And on . . . And
on. His words "The Shovelhead's a better motor"
MY A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT A MISTAKE !!!

They can say what they want. The Evolution Motor SAVED the company, PERIOD.
Maybe the M8 will save their bacon again

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
At least the evo still looked like a Harley, not a metric wannabe.

Old 09-01-2017 | 07:34 PM
badcooky
Banned

You could make a Shovel go as hard as an Evo back then .. .. .. .. till it got hot!

Old 09-01-2017 | 07:35 PM
wyndnface
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Otter
you’re *** I did, there are more idots here than I thought. The same mentaility that makes a person feel offended when someone does something counter what they’ve done or like, i.e. all the BS about the new line, is the same mentality that causes groups of people to dogpile onto anyone with an opposing view. I’m not licking my wounds here, I’m nodding knowingly and shaking my head. Own that.

Old 09-01-2017 | 09:09 PM
HenryT
Road Master

you’re *** I did, there are more idots here than I thought. The same mentaility that makes a person feel offended when someone does something counter what they’ve done or like, i.e. all the BS about the new line, is the same mentality that causes groups of people to dogpile onto anyone with an opposing view. I’m not licking my wounds here, I’m nodding knowingly and shaking my head. Own that.
Do agree with one thing you said, there are tons of idiots on this forum.

Old 09-01-2017 | 09:26 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member

mmm’k, anyways, sometimes an opposing view just needs to be thrown out there so the rest of the world doesnt think this forum is full of geriatric ******, thats all Just a voice of dissent, and well, disgust. peace!
I'm a geriatric *****. But I grew up in a housing project in NYC, and was a bouncer on Rush Street in Chicago. I knew some tough men. And you know what they all had in common? They were quiet. They didn't brag about how tough they were and post pictures on a forum looking all tough. And curse with asterisks.

And they all respected their elders.

I have not liked the direction Harley is going since the 2014s. But out of respect for those who like them, I don't dis their rides. I get a little tired of everyone dissing my bike, but mostly I don't care. Like I don't care about all the youngsters complaining about the old dogs on here.

And it's kind of hard to give input about the future changes the MOCO is going to make, when they keep it a secret.

The following 8 users liked this post by Ron750:
Gaz B (09-02-2017), Honey-Badger (09-07-2017), lowflight (09-02-2017), Norcalsvt (09-10-2017), savedbygrace (09-01-2017), Thingfish (09-02-2017), uncle kebo (09-11-2017), wyndnface (09-02-2017) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-02-2017 | 07:59 AM
Otter
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ron750
I'm a geriatric *****. But I grew up in a housing project in NYC, and was a bouncer on Rush Street in Chicago. I knew some tough men. And you know what they all had in common? They were quiet. They didn't brag about how tough they were and post pictures on a forum looking all tough. And curse with asterisks.

And they all respected their elders.

I have not liked the direction Harley is going since the 2014s. But out of respect for those who like them, I don't dis their rides. I get a little tired of everyone dissing my bike, but mostly I don't care. Like I don't care about all the youngsters complaining about the old dogs on here.

And it's kind of hard to give input about the future changes the MOCO is going to make, when they keep it a secret.

Nobody’s tryin to be a tough guy around here so dont put words in my mouth and try and spin it into something its not. And, btw, I’m not cursing with asterisks, the forum changes that for me, I generally swear a lot, who ****ing cares. Age has little if anything to do with the metal of a man, you can be a young idiot or an old one. You can choose to blindly respect anyone you want, for me, a person can earn it reardless of how long theyve managed to continue breathing on the planet. Also, not dissing anyones ride, and I’m also not a youngster. Y’all can make me out to be an *******, and you can think I’m the biggest ******* on this forum, it's of no consequence to me whatsoever, just dont put words in my mouth. Have great weekend and ride safe.

Old 09-02-2017 | 08:22 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Nobody’s tryin to be a tough guy around here so dont put words in my mouth and try and spin it into something its not. And, btw, I’m not cursing with asterisks, the forum changes that for me, I generally swear a lot, who ****ing cares. Age has little if anything to do with the metal of a man, you can be a young idiot or an old one. You can choose to blindly respect anyone you want, for me, a person can earn it reardless of how long theyve managed to continue breathing on the planet. Also, not dissing anyones ride, and I’m also not a youngster. Y’all can make me out to be an *******, and you can think I’m the biggest ******* on this forum, it's of no consequence to me whatsoever, just dont put words in my mouth. Have great weekend and ride safe.
Unless you're working for Harley or have stock in the company, who cares what people are saying about the new bikes. I'm quite sure this is what the moco wants, people talking about the new bikes. I'm also quite sure they knew the new bikes would cause a stir, because the departure of the Dyna, and the not so subtle changes. Obviously, we love Harley Davidson, or we wouldn't ride the bikes or post in the forum. Who gives a rats *** how old we are. People get old, or die.
Of course, our bikes aren't going to appeal to younger people, they cost more, they look old, and less futuristic than metric bikes. But mainly they cost more. The new bikes, while trying to look more futuristic or modern, fail in two ways. The price department, and in alienating us old timers, who still buy the product.
Until they can provide a more affordable bike, the kids will stay away.

Old 09-02-2017 | 08:37 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
Unless you're working for Harley or have stock in the company, who cares what people are saying about the new bikes. I'm quite sure this is what the moco wants, people talking about the new bikes. I'm also quite sure they knew the new bikes would cause a stir, because the departure of the Dyna, and the not so subtle changes. Obviously, we love Harley Davidson, or we wouldn't ride the bikes or post in the forum. Who gives a rats *** how old we are. People get old, or die.
Of course, our bikes aren't going to appeal to younger people, they cost more, they look old, and less futuristic than metric bikes. But mainly they cost more. The new bikes, while trying to look more futuristic or modern, fail in two ways. The price department, and in alienating us old timers, who still buy the product.
Until they can provide a more affordable bike, the kids will stay away.
Great point(s) !

I might add that HD is an icon of our (old guys') time. Such things, along with our traditions, ethics, religions, values, etc. seem to be rejected on ideological grounds by the younger (millennial,, whatever) set. Some of this is a sort of normal "generation gap" thing and some of it,, I don't know what to make of frankly. HD has its work cut out, converting the young to its brand I think. Those who reject our successes and what lead to them will never afford a HD IMO.

Old 09-02-2017 | 09:14 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Great point(s) !

I might add that HD is an icon of our (old guys') time. Such things, along with our traditions, ethics, religions, values, etc. seem to be rejected on ideological grounds by the younger (millennial,, whatever) set. Some of this is a sort of normal "generation gap" thing and some of it,, I don't know what to make of frankly. HD has its work cut out, converting the young to its brand I think. Those who reject our successes and what lead to them will never afford a HD IMO.

Young people get old, then they buy Harley's.

Old 09-02-2017 | 08:01 PM
kngpn
Seasoned HDF Member

This thread sucks worse than the new street bobs

The following users liked this post:
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER (09-03-2017)

Quick Reply: For a bunch of bikers...