Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For a bunch of bikers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017 | 06:31 PM
sectime
Tourer

Originally Posted by gregeinsc
Yeah? And the resale on your bike will be $h!t in a year or so too. Everyone of you sheep want the latest and greatest. This years most awesome Softail ever will be poo-poo in 2020. And a dealer will always try to stick it to you on a trade in no matter what you drag in.
That's funny have you checked used pricing in today's market? You sure seem to enjoy insulting strangers, now that's poo-poo.

Old 09-07-2017 | 06:40 PM
cobalt07
Road Master

I am somewhat surprised by all this stuff including the hate. Changes are inevitable, that's life. I had planned on a '18 Heritage but backed off because I think gloss black is to much dang work to take care of. I can just see that bug splattered front end after a 2000 mile trip. Won't be gloss black for long. New frame, better handling, better ride, bigger motor-- all good. Smaller tanks, if you're a bar hopper --so what, if you tour, buy a model with a 5 gallon tank. Harley is bleeding--- we love Harleys or we wouldn't be on this forum---support them, don't hurt them, or someday we may lose them. The Lowrider and Deluxe changed little from 50 feet, I think they are for the traditionalists--great. The MOCO needs this to succeed, our support is important.

Old 09-08-2017 | 05:18 PM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR
Old 09-08-2017 | 10:22 PM
badcooky
Banned

Originally Posted by cobalt07
I am somewhat surprised by all this stuff including the hate. Changes are inevitable, that's life. I had planned on a '18 Heritage but backed off because I think gloss black is to much dang work to take care of. I can just see that bug splattered front end after a 2000 mile trip. Won't be gloss black for long. New frame, better handling, better ride, bigger motor-- all good. Smaller tanks, if you're a bar hopper --so what, if you tour, buy a model with a 5 gallon tank. Harley is bleeding--- we love Harleys or we wouldn't be on this forum---support them, don't hurt them, or someday we may lose them. The Lowrider and Deluxe changed little from 50 feet, I think they are for the traditionalists--great. The MOCO needs this to succeed, our support is important.
IKR all the Twinky guys h8 is actually laughable

Old 09-08-2017 | 11:56 PM
musicnbikes
Road Master

I would rather the moco go belly up, before they destroy the brand.

Old 09-09-2017 | 07:11 AM
cobalt07
Road Master

do you realize what you just posted. You got to grow up man, the Moco was here long before you and will hopefully still be here after you're dead. If there was no Harley, what would you be riding, metric or a bicycle ?

Old 09-09-2017 | 07:59 AM
musicnbikes
Road Master

do you realize what you just posted. You got to grow up man, the Moco was here long before you and will hopefully still be here after you're dead. If there was no Harley, what would you be riding, metric or a bicycle ?
I have a harley. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It's like a favorite band.
I would much rather they call it a day, before they embarrass themselves, and cheapen what they were in the eyes of their fans. If they can't write great music anymore, or perform live, then give it up. We still have their old stuff to listen to.

The following users liked this post:
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER (09-09-2017)
Old 09-09-2017 | 09:12 AM
FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER
NOT A MODERATOR

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I have a harley. Don't misunderstand what I'm saying. It's like a favorite band.
I would much rather they call it a day, before they embarrass themselves, and cheapen what they were in the eyes of their fans. If they can't write great music anymore, or perform live, then give it up. We still have their old stuff to listen to.

Old 09-09-2017 | 10:45 AM
Mr-Mike
Road Master

Originally Posted by musicnbikes
I would rather the moco go belly up, before they destroy the brand.
I assume you will be selling your collection then, right?

Harley is a business, they won't be listening to a minority of riders who heaven't bought a new bike in the last 10yrs, if ever....

amusing..

Old 09-09-2017 | 09:58 PM
cobalt07
Road Master

It's not that different. They didn't scrap the 45 degree twin. It's just freshened up to compete in a world market. Don't forget, we are not their only breadbasket. Harleys are sold all over the world, always have been thanks to Arthur Davidson and his vision of year round sales, countries south of the equator road when we couldn't and vice versa. Whether we like it or not, we are only a percentage of Harleys sales. Went to see them today and honestly was quite impressed with the Fatbob and Fatboy, they were stunning bikes in person. Pictures don't do them justice. Fit and finish were incredible. Been buying HD's since 1973, yes I like old school, road a '47 flathead for years but I don't want to now, do you want to dial up a rotary phone, or go back to a 19 inch black and white TV, or give up your laptop, no. Harley is just entering a new and up to date platform and I am going to support them as I hope you all will do too. We both need each other.

The following 2 users liked this post by cobalt07:
badcooky (09-09-2017), StreetBob18 (09-11-2017)

Quick Reply: For a bunch of bikers...