Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensators for FXCWC Breakout

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017 | 05:17 PM
mmesa005
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Default Compensators for FXCWC Breakout

As I have the bike apart for some work I went to my local dealer for a new Compensator bolt. Instead of the bolt he proceeded to sell me a Screamin Eagle Compensator assembly. I questioned him about the SE Compensator as I had recalled reading it not applying to the Rocker C? He insisted I was wrong and the kit was applicable to the Rocker. I think you know how this ended? One trip home and one back to the dealer to return the kit along with a talk to the parts manager

This started my thinking about Compensator options and after reading through several threads about the Vulcan Compensator Eliminator, BDL, Screamin Eagle, and Baker Compensators, all not fitting the Rocker C, I called Baker and spoke to their Tech Support. I was told it their Compensator did not apply to the Rocker C due to the large rear wheel.

My next thought was what about the Breakout, do they have the same issues as the Rocker? I checked Ronnies on line parts fiche and looked at the compensator schematic. Looks identical to the Screamin Eagle Compensator? What is the difference between the Breakout and Rocker as they both have 240 rear wheels? I also noticed that by 2011 the Rocker and Breakout share the same Primary Chain Housing, with the Chain Housing Cover being different by a -A part number? So using the Breakout Chain Housing and Cover allows for the Screamin Eagle and any other after market Compensator for the Breakout to be used on the Rocker?

Thanks!

Last edited by mmesa005; 09-03-2017 at 11:45 PM.
Old 08-30-2024 | 12:16 PM
AvsCup
Stage II

2014 Breakout here , was looking into a Baker Compensator , was told by the rep at Baker that they do NOT have one to fit the wide tire bikes.
Perhaps some here can point us in the right direction.
My apology for being of zero help.