Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:40 PM
CyclChyk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

Ok BADBOW - I have to ask. Is that a CD on your air cleaner?? And if so......... which one? I'm a diehard music junkie............

And I do like your Train very much. Looks bad azz - just that the bars seem a little..... stunted (please don't take offense. Bear in mind this comment comes from a chick who rides an 883.........Perhaps another angle would better show the bars?)

Old 06-11-2007, 11:46 PM
badbowties55
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

Gunner, I really like the pipes, sound great, look good. I would have probably put some different pipes on but the dealer had already put these on and I got the complete setup for the right price so I'll keep them for a while. When I get to doing some engine work I will probably go to a 2 into 1 for performace reasons, but these pipes are really nice and I do like them. Oh, and yes that is a cd on the air filter, the newest Breaking Benjiman disc, got the songs on the Ipod so use the disc for the cover, best looking one I had with no words on it. And no one has offened me, I asked for an honest opinion, and so far most seem to like them and the other are agreeing with me on the weird fitment to me.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:29 AM
scremineaglesoftail0
Cruiser

first i would like to say nice train the bars look like the ones i have hd street slammers i like mine and i think yours look good also i really like the inverted forks and in black very nice as far as painting the bars i would leave them chrome it sets the flat silver paint off

Old 06-12-2007, 12:33 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

looks good. i like the look of the six inch rise. do those bars allow for internal wiring?

Old 06-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: badbowties55

I just installed some new one piece riser/bars on my 07 NT and dont know if I like them yet. Looking for some opinions, you wont hurt my feelings so tell the truth. Thanks.

Just my opinion....

Harley's Street Slammers are a bit like that but look much better.What you have on their now seems out of proportion,too much pullback vs. rise especially considering that the bars seem to have a lot of rearward sweep too.

The NT's stock dragbars work well for my build which is nice,cause I like the way they look.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

looks good dude, I dig the pullback. I took off my stockers and put on the factory conversion so mines kinda like a standard now, I was thinkin of doin some kinda T bar like u got.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:48 AM
badbowties55
Advanced

Phrogflyer, yes the bars do have the holes for internal wiring, I just threw them on this weekend quick to see if I would like them, and as mentioned earlier, I have been thinking about having the bars powdercoated so therefore I didnt run the wires thru the bars. And as for the HD street slammers, I just cant get myself to spend 250 bucks just for bars the are from HD, there are way to many other bars out there for cheaper and just as good of quality. Pretty sure these bars are coming off, just havent been happy with them.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
apilcher
Cruiser

Too low and bent....to each their own though. NT's look great with big risers and drag bars....and sometimes with apes....

Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
phrogflyer
Road Master

it sounds like you already have your mind made up. what other bars do you think you might be interested in? if you think those have too much pullback, have you considered using deuce risers with the stock bar? the pullback might not be as drastic, but should be about the same height.

Old 06-12-2007, 03:16 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

I like em. As you can see by my bike ( https://www.hdforums.com/photo.asp?p...Type=6&apage=1 ) I like the low look of drags and yours is right at the limit. Any more pullback and it wouldnt look right. And get yours coated. I did. You'll like the look.

Quick Reply: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.