Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

I think you need more rise and less pullback.

You don't look right on the bike for my taste...I prefer to have to reach slightly for the bars and have that "drag bar" feeling.

If I were you I'd put an 8 inch rise bar with just a slight amount of pullback....but to each their own.

What do YOU think of em?

I know myself.....in any mod that I haven't loved right out of the gate....I ended up hating. If you have to talk yourself into liking them then you probably know they aren't quite what you are after.

My .02 cents......and definitely not meant to offend.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:46 PM
kemosabe2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.

I like 'em, they look good.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
badbowties55
Advanced

Hammer02, thanks for everything, I really respect what you have to say, since you have about everything done to your bike that I want I agree with what you are sayin bout the rise/pullback, but its is hard to find bars that dont have an equal rise and pullback. I have been thinking about just going with the stock risers and a 31-32" drag bar to get the width I am looking for. One thing I do have to let you all know is that with the inverted forks, the triple trees are thicker, so if the dealer tells you that you need 8" risers to clear the dash, they are right unless you have the inverted forks. Went on a poker run this weekend with 2 other NTs one 06 one 07 and they were suprised at the difference of height you get with the different forks. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:04 PM
FACTION95
Road Master

Sweet bike! The bars make it look sick along with the forks. Makes me wish I would have gotten a Train instead of the Fatboy.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Bad......The stock risers with a wider bar would be cool but extending that little short bar out to 31 inches with no pullback might give you all the reach you could handle. It could in theory make you have to bend further forward then you think.

My bars are Burly brand.....and they are an 8.25 inch rise with a 6.5 inch pullback. If you look at my sig pic it sure doesn't look like 6.5 inch pullback but that's the spec.

I still reach forward but not as bad as stock and they are wide enough that I can actually use my mirrors....the stock bars I couldn't see anything.

I also like em in that they are 1 1/2 inch thick bars...so very beefy and might match your forks better. I noticed your forks looked taller and thicker but I thought my eyes were playing tricks.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:13 PM
jchildress21
Cruiser

Personally, I like them. That was the very first thing I changed on mine. I didn't like the reach to the stock bars. I have basically the same set on mine, just mine are Carlini. It's just a name. If you like them, then they're perfect. Looks great to me.
Joey

Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 PM
BoneCrusher
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell yeah man I like 'em. I agree your riding position looks just a tad off but if they are comfortable for you that's what matters.

Old 06-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Billman
Intermediate

I personally don't like pullback at all...

I went w/33" wide drag bars, stock risers.

What really matters is that you like them...

Old 06-11-2007, 11:01 PM
badbowties55
Advanced

Billman, do you have any pics of your bike with that bar set up, Like I said earlier, I was thinking about just doin a 31-32" drag bar, so would love to see that set up. Any handling problems?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 PM
gunner065
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey dude. Love the look of your train. I have a 08 FB on order and considering putting similar bars on mine. What do you think of the V&H BSS? I'm seriously considering getting them for my bike from get go.The wife thinks all HD's are loud, so I don't want to diappoint with the factory ones.

Quick Reply: New bars on NT, let me know what you think of them, dont know if I like them yet.