Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slim s seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 01:37 AM
poblete
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slim s seat

so i have about 700 miles on the new softail slim s...the stock seat sucks its terrible, iv read nothing but good things about sending my seat to mcc or should i spend the extra money and go with the mustang wide tripper diamond stitch? or does anyone have any other input on another brand or route to go, i'm not too tall on the shorter spectrum of 5'5-5'6 and weigh about 175

Old 08-27-2017, 07:03 AM
FLSSBart
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Yeah, the stock seat on the FLSS is not very good for even an hour ride. Not the worst stock seat I've ever ridden on, but definitely not meant for long rides.

IMO, the problem with the stock seat is the padding is too thin and too soft. So it becomes you are basically sitting on the pan...

I've not tried MCC or Mustang seats. I went right for the Corbin Solo saddle. I've used Corbin on my other motorcycles that requires an after-market seat.

Yesterday, I went on a 4 hour ride with about a 10 break in the middle. The Corbin Saddle was a million times better than the OEM seat. Corbins need to break-in. So it wasn't like it was SUPER comfortable, but I wasn't squirming after 30 minutes and my legs definitely did NOT go numb.

The only potential issue I see is the Corbin is a taller seat than the OEM seat and the Mustang. If you go to their site they have a tool with a slide bar which you can move back and forth to see the stock seat and the Corbin seat. So that may be a consideration for you....

Old 08-27-2017, 07:59 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Yep, the stock seat sucks. I bought a Saddleman and absolutely love the fit and finish and the way it looks. It's more comfortable than the stock seat and keeps you from sliding off the back when you roll on the throttle in first and second gear. But it still has quite a bit to be desired in the comfort area. I wanted a little more support and padding and went ahead and got a mustang wide tripper and it's more comfortable than the saddleman seat for any extended riding. I'm going to keep both of them the Saddleman seat for around town and short rides and the mustang for any extended riding. If I had it to do over again I would probably start with the Corbin.

Old 08-27-2017, 02:53 PM
poblete
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for your reply's

Old 08-27-2017, 05:49 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have a corbin for 2 up riding...it's def taller than the stock an mustang seats. I think mine is a Mustang Day Tripper but I'm not sure...got a good deal on it on ebay. I couldn't take 30 mins on the stock seat now I ride 2 hours no problem. I don't do much distance riding so the Corbin just sits in the garage

Old 08-27-2017, 06:06 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

Here's the Corbin...it doesn't look as sleek either, it's kinda big an wide on the slim:

Old 08-27-2017, 08:25 PM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by poblete
so i have about 700 miles on the new softail slim s...the stock seat sucks its terrible, iv read nothing but good things about sending my seat to mcc or should i spend the extra money and go with the mustang wide tripper diamond stitch? or does anyone have any other input on another brand or route to go, i'm not too tall on the shorter spectrum of 5'5-5'6 and weigh about 175
Yes, we all agree the stock seat does suck, but my problem was every aftermarket seat seems to push me forward, which is not acceptable. I found a solution that works for me and now have no issues with the stock seat.
  • For trips less than 2 hours, wearing performance underwear ( 90% polyester ) makes all the difference in the world. They keep the moisture away from your skin and are as smooth as silk. I find that cotton underwear, once wet with sweat, acts like sandpaper on my tailbone. Dick's sells Reebok for around $10.00. Some brands are very expensive but these work fine.
  • For all day trips, along with the above, I use a black sheep skin cover. I have one that has elastic around the edges and goes on and off in seconds. I did a 6 day trip in July, averaging 6 to 8 hours in the saddle every day, with 90+ degree heat, and had zero issues.
To me this combination is unbeatable for comfort.

Old 08-28-2017, 08:00 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

This is what the Saddleman Renegade looks like installed

Old 08-28-2017, 11:48 AM
imjuslazy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CVOJOE
This is what the Saddleman Renegade looks like installed

I dont even see this on their site....

Old 08-28-2017, 12:09 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain

Originally Posted by imjuslazy
I dont even see this on their site....
It's not on their site yet. This is the first Renegade LS production seat they have produced for the Slim.

Call and ask for David in sales, he can hook you up

Quick Reply: slim s seat