Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to see about the 2018 Fat Bob yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 08:23 AM
izzyryder
Road Warrior
Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts
Default System error

System error

Last edited by izzyryder; 08-26-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:53 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Imagine it with mids and a cafe fairing!

Old 08-25-2017, 10:39 AM
Jessica Sinclair
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 74 Posts

If you think that sales guy is shady you should have seen the guys we had to deal with - they wont give us appraisal and forced us to ride down there took like 50 minutes to get to.

Once we got there he wont let us test drive and the bike is marked up $2500 because they are not MSRP dealership shady as right?

He wont let us test ride unless we could agree on the price of my bike but he gave us only $8000 for my bike with stage 5 and legend air suspension

He wasted our time he could have told us that over the phone instead of forcing us to go to their dealership.

Anyway to cut long story short we are now dealing with Laidlaw Harley instead ... but they are in another state now we have to over come issues with Californian Law.

Last edited by Jessica Sinclair; 08-25-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:56 AM
RET_SCPO
Extreme HDF Member

Received 19,651 Likes on 6,279 Posts

I can understand a dealer not wanting their only model of a brand new bike being used for test rides. They should have been up front about this before you went down there.

In a year there will be an abundance of left over inventory they'll be begging to get rid of. Wait until mid to late spring and you'll get a good deal in what will be a buyers market.

Sounds like a nice bike though and I do hope they all sell well.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:30 AM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

Jessica your Stage IV and anything else you've added makes no difference when the dealer is buying your bike off you. All mods are for you only, they are not an investment. Imagine your bike stock, that's the price you'll get paid on by the Dealer. Of course when they come to sell it they'll talk up all the mods that you put on. Remove what you can because you won't get your money back trading.

I don't blame the dealers for not letting us test ride just for fun. Can you imagine 20 people doing a test ride on a new bike, 10 miles each, 200 miles on an 18, then you are #21 and you want it and it's got 200 miles on it already, ridden by any Tom Dick or Harry. No thanks. I want a bike with under 10 miles on it when I buy new.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:23 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Jessica your Stage IV and anything else you've added makes no difference when the dealer is buying your bike off you. All mods are for you only, they are not an investment. Imagine your bike stock, that's the price you'll get paid on by the Dealer. Of course when they come to sell it they'll talk up all the mods that you put on. Remove what you can because you won't get your money back trading.

I don't blame the dealers for not letting us test ride just for fun. Can you imagine 20 people doing a test ride on a new bike, 10 miles each, 200 miles on an 18, then you are #21 and you want it and it's got 200 miles on it already, ridden by any Tom Dick or Harry. No thanks. I want a bike with under 10 miles on it when I buy new.

Yea, I can imagine it and it's stupid bad business/marketing.

You use one bike for rides and generate orders then sell it later used same as a car dealership. What if you did sell it to #21? Then you probably lost potential orders on #22-#1000 because you didn't have anything to test drive.

Only the hardcore or stupid rich put down this kind of money on a bike undriven in which case you don't need a tester for those people.

If you have a motorcycle qualification on your license let them drive it. If not, send over to the sign up sheet for motorcycle school, they're not getting on a bike until their license shows qualified.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:33 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

Sorry to hear about your experience with the dealer near the "shore line". Curious which one-I've had nothing but good experience with the one in the 609 area code, not so much with the ones in the 732 area code...BTW, the old Fat Bob apparently was not a big seller, but I had one and just loved it, handled like a dream, and actually had brakes that worked. Lost it in Sandy, though. The new model looks like the Cat's @$$, I'll be taking a test ride soon!

Last edited by shorelasHD; 08-25-2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: embellishment ;-)
Old 08-25-2017, 12:40 PM
chrisj49
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
Yea, I can imagine it and it's stupid bad business/marketing.

You use one bike for rides and generate orders then sell it later used same as a car dealership. What if you did sell it to #21? Then you probably lost potential orders on #22-#1000 because you didn't have anything to test drive.

Only the hardcore or stupid rich put down this kind of money on a bike undriven in which case you don't need a tester for those people.

If you have a motorcycle qualification on your license let them drive it. If not, send over to the sign up sheet for motorcycle school, they're not getting on a bike until their license shows qualified.
That's why they have demo days. If you are serious and ready to put the money down, they will let you ride what you want. If you just want to check out the bikes, you wait for the truck with the demos to come around.

They don't expect you to buy without riding the bike. There has to be a line somewhere.

The following users liked this post:
Rakthi (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 12:43 PM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisj49
That's why they have demo days. If you are serious and ready to put the money down, they will let you ride what you want. If you just want to check out the bikes, you wait for the truck with the demos to come around.

They don't expect you to buy without riding the bike. There has to be a line somewhere.
Not according to what they're saying here about no test rides.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:58 PM
chrisj49
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by TeaRunner
Not according to what they're saying here about no test rides.
Show them the money, tell them aren't buying without riding it first, you will be riding. If you aren't ready to commit, you have to wait.

Money talks.

Quick Reply: Went to see about the 2018 Fat Bob yesterday