Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC Jack

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 09:47 PM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default MC Jack

I need to pick up a good motorcycle lift, one that will fit under my Softail Delixe.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:04 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I haven't had a problem with my harbor freight jack an it's 7 years old...I got the coupon an I'm gonna drop the $300 on a harbor freight lift table. If you have room that's the way to go....I'm gonna have to toss some junk to make some room...I also have one of those $50 scissor jacks an it's good for oil changes an stuff that don't require much height. when I had my lowered softail I used to just put 2 squares of 3/4" ply wood down an roll the bike on those then slide the jack under it.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:14 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,804 Likes on 9,867 Posts

What Lang said or the Craftsman Red lift that I have been using for 8 years now. When I grow up, I'm gonna get one of those HF lifts as well.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:22 AM
BbyDgital
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't recommend J&S Jacks enough. Amazing quality, made in the USA. One of the best, if not, the best jack on the market.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKDLX
I need to pick up a good motorcycle lift, one that will fit under my Softail Delixe.
I've edited my comment due to apparently I'm one of the few that think the search function should be used before a new thread is started.

Get a Sears or HF aluminum jack and a Redline dolly.
The entire setup should set you back $250 or less.

The aluminum jack will get the lowest to the floor as much as anything available and other than the bike sitting on the ground the Redline dolly provides as much if not more stability than any option out there (other than a table lift)

Here's the link to my recommendation:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...ly-review.html

Last edited by Bluraven; 08-13-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Ok...your title says "jack" & the post/thread says "lift." Which is it...there is a difference...

The following users liked this post:
Bone Doc (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 07:44 AM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member
Received 786 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Ok...your title says "jack" & the post/thread says "lift." Which is it...there is a difference...

The OP is obviously a newbie or they wouldn't be asking for either a "Lift or Jack" recommendation.
As you know other than perhaps oil and tires this subject has the most information on the forum.

I assume the OP was referring to a jack and not actually a lift.
The post states "one that will fit under my Softail Delixe"

But you know what they say about assuming.

Last edited by Bluraven; 08-13-2017 at 07:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Iceman24 (08-13-2017)
Old 08-13-2017, 07:50 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,251 Likes on 1,642 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluraven
The post states "one that will fit under my Softail Delixe"

I assume the OP was referring to a jack and not actually a lift.

But you know what they say about assuming.
Definitely...if the bike's lowered then some of the jacks are iffy at fitting w/o placing bike upright. Lifts are nice, if you have the space, but I haven't found any reason to replace my J&S jack...used for three bikes and going on 7-yrs of use with no issues. Actually getting ready to use today for my exhaust swap on the Dyna.

Old 08-13-2017, 07:54 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,913 Likes on 4,135 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKDLX
There are jacks in every price range; least expensive (Harbor Freight) to most expensive (J&S) and anywhere in between (Sears). There are members using each of these without problem. I use the Craftsman yellow jack.

Get the jack that suits your needs and wallet. If the jack slides under your Deluxe, great. If not, roll the bike onto 2" high blocks and then roll the jack under the bike.

Don't overthink it.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:03 AM
BLKDLX
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry for the confusion on my part. Yes, I meant a Jack. I emailed J&S twice in the last week to see if it is low enough to slide under the Deluxe, but never have got a reply. I am wanting to know what is the best recommendation on a jack that will fit under the Deluxe.... or will I have to use something under the wheels in all cases? Sorry to those I offended by asking a MC jack question.......I would not have asked if I knew. Thx to those who replied with suggestions.

Quick Reply: MC Jack