Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Softail Deluxe Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 06:40 PM
sidewinder
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Softail Deluxe Owner

Whiplush,
Looks like our bikes have lots in common. V&H Big Shots and Corbin seat. I have not even actually took delivery of the bike yet. I bought it, and it is in transit as we speak. I will have it tomorrow around 3PM. I can't wait. Hogzdogs tells me there is more add on's then shown in the picture I posted, so I am quite exited to get my hands on it. Kind of like Christmas. I was waiting to see who would be the first to recognize the bike, others had already posted it looks familiar, but you nailed it. When I get uncrated I will post updated pictures. This forum is very impressive. I am still learning my way around it. SW[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 11-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Detour
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: whiplush

Well that explains it, congrats on the new ride! It wasn't hard for me to spot his ride at all, we have tossed ideas back and forth many times on our rides, he has now passed the torch to you!
Hey Whip! You've definately got a good eye and I think your knowledge and good taste in bikes will be a great asset to Mark (sidewinder). It was pretty funny when he emailed me and told me he joined this forum and saw my old/his new bike on here. Small world, isn't it? Be sure to take good care of Mark as he's an awesome guy and he's going to be a great member here. Now you can pick on me and give me crap about buying the "geezer glide", but it will be in good fun. I wish I had the new bike now so I could tweak it over the winter, but I'll just have to wait and spend my time on a frozen lake with a fishing pole and dream of spring!

Take care and ride safe!

Kurt[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 11-15-2005, 03:31 AM
whiplush
Tourer

Your not gonna get much of a thrashing from me on the bike upgrade. I'm jealous as hell, I would love to have a new Street Glide or a Classic made to look like one, but I don't want to give up my Deluxe. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to have both in my garage (yeah right). I love my bike but I would like a long haul bike too. Sidewinder is getting a great bike but I'm gonna miss you owning a Deluxe cause we like the same style and tossing around ideas is fun with you. Maybe he'll fill in those big shoes of yours though!

Old 11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dogzhog,

What part of the TC do you live, I'm over in South MPLS but ride often out towards Stillwater, WI and beyond?

Have you put it away yet, mine went into storage last night?

Ride safe!

Old 11-15-2005, 03:46 PM
RetroHarley
Tourer

Whiplush,

Nice job on the white fender plug, looks very nice.

Just put it away for the winter but plan on making major changes before Spring. New beach bars and the forks and switches getting chromed now, still deciding on the pipes. Wife rides often so I need the rear boards to stay and need pipes that won't interfere with her feet.

More to come!

Ride safe.

Old 11-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Detour
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

Dogzhog,

What part of the TC do you live, I'm over in South MPLS but ride often out towards Stillwater, WI and beyond?

Have you put it away yet, mine went into storage last night?

Ride safe!
RetroHarley, I live in Delano, west of the cities, but ride to Stillwater and Wisconsin all the time. My friends and I stop in South MPLS on Saturdays to have breakfast at The Joint (awesome breakfast for a really good price!) and check out all the bikes there and at Lucky's Garage. I just sold the Deluxe and have an ElectraGlide Classic coming in the spring. We'll have to go riding sometime.

Enjoy the new snow we're getting tonight and ride (drive) safe!

Kurt[sm=burnout.gif]

Old 11-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Detour
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: whiplush

Your not gonna get much of a thrashing from me on the bike upgrade. I'm jealous as hell, I would love to have a new Street Glide or a Classic made to look like one, but I don't want to give up my Deluxe. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to have both in my garage (yeah right). I love my bike but I would like a long haul bike too. Sidewinder is getting a great bike but I'm gonna miss you owning a Deluxe cause we like the same style and tossing around ideas is fun with you. Maybe he'll fill in those big shoes of yours though!
Whip, no need to be jealous with a ride like yours. That is still one of the baddest, most awesome Deluxes I've ever seen, and I paid you the ultimate respect by "stealing" some of your ideas! I'm sure Sidewinder will be glad to toss more ideas around. I'm sure I'll still be leaning on you for ideas because we both like the old school look. Hope you're still able to ride, it's pretty much over here due to the fresh snow falling and I'm sure the salt-trucks aren't far behind.

Ride safe,

Kurt

Old 11-24-2005, 03:11 AM
FLSTNI_Man_of_Steel
Tourer

ORIGINAL: sidewinder

How is that seat for the passenger? I lke the looks of it and was wondering how it would be for my other half. Thanks. Here is a picture of my bike.
ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

NOT a good passenger seat at all. My wife hates it and our friend (who is a 100 lb twig and MC enthusiast) found it uncomfortable as well.

Was never intended to be a 2 rider seat, SOLO only, just really comfortable!!

And I mean comfortable!

Very nice bike you have there, what seat is that and what are those pipes?
Ditto with RetroH on the stock passenger seat!

HOWEVER, I got the "touring pillon" for my lady and she Luuuuves it! (Of course, once again, look what she had to ride on at first.) It matches the stock rider seat and is only a little wider (2-3 inches?) than the stock passenger seat. The upgrade was worth every single penny---now she WANTS to ride with me!