Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:37 AM
FLSSBart
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Corbin Seat - Classic Solo?

I tried using the "search" function on this forum and I couldn't get any truly related hits/results...

I picked up an FLSS last week. Love the bike, but the seat doesn't quite work for me. I took a 200 mile ride break-in ride over the weekend. After about 40 minutes I was squirming after an hour I had to stop and take a break. My legs were actually numb. Very strange.

I find that the stock seat puts pressure on my tailbone or back half of my butt. Odd as on my other bikes (Ducati, Triumph Tiger XCx), the pressure was on the normal sitting area near the "sit bones".

Also usually seats are too soft as opposed to being too hard. I don't know if thats because I'm an avid road cyclist and mountain biker too that my butt has become used to more firm seats.

Anyways, I've used Corbin seats in the past with great success and have never found one that didn't work well on the myriad of bikes I've owned over the years. But this would be the first I'd purchase for a Harley.

I'm looking at their "Corbin Classic Solo". I want something that looks more like the stock unit to maintain that more classic bobber look than some of the "comfort" type seats which I'm sure are comfortable but change the look...

Any thoughts/advice on the Corbin Classic Solo or on a seat thats maintains the look but offer more comfort would be appreciated.

TIA

Old 08-07-2017, 06:45 AM
Hoginedgewood
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 658 Posts

I love backrests, Corbin is one of the few with optional backrests, I love Corbin. You may want the classic look now, but you could use the backrest on long trips or when you get older.

Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 AM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoginedgewood
I love backrests, Corbin is one of the few with optional backrests, I love Corbin. You may want the classic look now, but you could use the backrest on long trips or when you get older.
I prefer Corbin as well & have used them on all my bikes. Even though the OP didn't specifically mention back rests, if you are considering one & cost is no object, I believe the Corbin seat & back rest work the best together within the flow of the bike, & doesn't necessarily look like an "add on" like I believe so many other brands do.
I love Corbin but to be completely honest, this last seat I got for the deluxe seemed to take 2x as long to "break in" for me.
I also love the fact you can order online with the simulator when mixing & matching colors.
This just my opinion!!

Last edited by schlacker; 08-07-2017 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:26 AM
TeaRunner
Road Master
Received 212 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by FLSSBart
I tried using the "search" function on this forum and I couldn't get any truly related hits/results...

I picked up an FLSS last week. Love the bike, but the seat doesn't quite work for me. I took a 200 mile ride break-in ride over the weekend. After about 40 minutes I was squirming after an hour I had to stop and take a break. My legs were actually numb. Very strange.

I find that the stock seat puts pressure on my tailbone or back half of my butt. Odd as on my other bikes (Ducati, Triumph Tiger XCx), the pressure was on the normal sitting area near the "sit bones".

Also usually seats are too soft as opposed to being too hard. I don't know if thats because I'm an avid road cyclist and mountain biker too that my butt has become used to more firm seats.

Anyways, I've used Corbin seats in the past with great success and have never found one that didn't work well on the myriad of bikes I've owned over the years. But this would be the first I'd purchase for a Harley.

I'm looking at their "Corbin Classic Solo". I want something that looks more like the stock unit to maintain that more classic bobber look than some of the "comfort" type seats which I'm sure are comfortable but change the look...

Any thoughts/advice on the Corbin Classic Solo or on a seat thats maintains the look but offer more comfort would be appreciated.

TIA
I have the classic solo for my fatboy lo. It's both firm and won't make your but or legs numb. You can get a backrest for it too from Corbin.

I prefer the Ultimate, quite a bit wider, softer, and also no numbness.

I'd sell you my Corbin, seat, back rest, and passenger seat (all pristine) but I have to drop the rear tire to get the passenger mounting hardware off. That's not happening til fall.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:38 AM
Bob Z.
Road Master

Received 297 Likes on 178 Posts

How about a Drag Specialties Seat? They are firm like a Corbin and have a back rest option, and are a lot less money.

Old 08-07-2017, 09:15 AM
Donald Mazz Derby
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the saddlemen. I have had all of te above and the saddlemen is the best I have found. However I am 6'1" and 283 lbs so depending on your build your mileage may vary.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Wide_Open
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 149 Likes on 83 Posts

I replaced the awful Badlander seat my Night Train came with for a Mustang. It's a good seat and extended my riding from about 30 mins at a time to over 2 hours. But I'll tell you I had a rigid bike before I got the Train and it had a Corbin on it that I could sit on all day with no pain.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:52 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,270 Likes on 1,976 Posts

I don't know anything about the Classic Solo but I do know about Corbin. When I wanted to replace my stock Badlander, I went with the Corbin Gunfighter seat. It has the option for a back rest, which I have. It closely resembled the look of the Badlander. It has memory foam and after I broke it in, it basically conformed to the shape of my butt so I basically have a custom seat. I've had this seat for at least 10 years and I'm totally happy with it.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:14 PM
Bouffi
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love mine, very comfortable and get compliments on the pattern and color scheme all the time

Old 08-07-2017, 09:25 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

I have a Corbin for longer rides but it's kinda big an wide cosmetic wise so I do all my around town riding an short trips with a Mustang solo...it fits the bikes lines perfectly with a lot more comfort than the stock seat.

Quick Reply: Corbin Seat?