Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 into 1 pipe for night train

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017 | 03:17 AM
darkcustom7
|
Cruiser
Lightbulb 2 into 1 pipe for night train

Looking to do a cam upgrade this winter on my 07 night train. Along with the cam upgrade I would like to swap out my V&H 2-2 big radius with a 2-1 pipe. I need something with good ground clearance and performance. Looking for some good suggestions from you guys, along with some pics of your setups.

Old 06-01-2017 | 08:05 AM
teebeejek
Advanced

I have an '05 and just installed Rush Racing 2 into 1 (not the Wrath, www.rushracingproducts.com). I found it local & used one season on Craigslist.

I was leaning toward the Bassani Road Rage in black (Fuel Moto has a great price, www.fuelmotousa.com) before I found this deal too good to pass up. I liked the shorter RR.

D&D Fat Cat gets a lot of recommendations and would have been my choice if money were not an option. And of course, V&H Pro-Pipe will get a mention too.

My Night Train is stock except for the D&K 636v intake and the exhaust. It had been reflashed with the Harley Stage I tune after the original owner went with the Screamin' Eagle intake and slip ons. After my changes, I did not retune and the bike runs well (I'm sure it would be better with a tune, I'm saving) with relatively minor decel pop.

I have a video, but can't upload it right now. The tone is very deep at idle. It is loud, but I can cruise the neighborhood quite quietly. I have done some longer trips and I don't find it annoyingly loud on the highway (full face helmet).

Let us know what you end up with. Here are a couple pics of mine:

Old 06-01-2017 | 08:15 AM
stal94gt
Road Master

I have d&d low cat exhaust and it is kicked up at the end to increase ground clearance. RSD tracker exhaust also is made for added ground clearance.

Old 06-01-2017 | 08:22 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by darkcustom7
Looking to do a cam upgrade this winter on my 07 night train. Along with the cam upgrade I would like to swap out my V&H 2-2 big radius with a 2-1 pipe. I need something with good ground clearance and performance. Looking for some good suggestions from you guys, along with some pics of your setups.
Supertrapp Supermegs on my 05 Deluxe. Good clearance and tunable for performance. I'm very happy with them. Available in black also.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/htskiwweij...28.15.jpg?dl=0

Name:  _DSC0171_zps9a6dc715.jpg
Views: 874
Size:  133.2 KB

Name:  _DSC0173_zpsfff60330.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  151.6 KB

Last edited by nhrider1; 06-01-2017 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added pics
Old 06-01-2017 | 08:49 AM
teebeejek
Advanced

I have no issue with ground clearance on mine (posted previous); however, I am at stock height. YMMV if you lower.

Old 06-01-2017 | 03:57 PM
darkcustom7
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by teebeejek
I have an '05 and just installed Rush Racing 2 into 1 (not the Wrath, www.rushracingproducts.com). I found it local & used one season on Craigslist.

I was leaning toward the Bassani Road Rage in black (Fuel Moto has a great price, www.fuelmotousa.com) before I found this deal too good to pass up. I liked the shorter RR.
Pipe looks good. Seems like I can only find the wrath available for my year. what size baffles are you running in yours, do you have any clearance issues in turns?

I like the shorter road rage also but have only seen them on dynas. I would like to see what they look like on a softail.

Last edited by darkcustom7; 06-01-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2017 | 04:04 PM
darkcustom7
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stal94gt
I have d&d low cat exhaust and it is kicked up at the end to increase ground clearance. RSD tracker exhaust also is made for added ground clearance.
I love the looks of the fat cat but i was afraid of dragging it through every turn. I saw the low cat but wasnt sure if i liked the look of the angled pipe vs the straight fat cat. Do you have any other pics of your bike?

Old 06-01-2017 | 04:08 PM
teebeejek
Advanced

Originally Posted by darkcustom7
Pipe looks good. Seems like I can only find the wrath available for my year. what size baffles are you running in yours, do you have any clearance issues in turns?

I like the shorter road rage also but have only seen them on dynas. I would like to see what they look like on a softail.
2.25" baffle. Have not had any clearance issues, but I drive it like a Harley.

I would google. There are lots of pics out there.

Old 06-01-2017 | 04:15 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

I am at work so the only other pictures I have are on my bike with the old setup

Old 06-01-2017 | 11:17 PM
darkcustom7
|
Cruiser

love the look of the low cat but cant get over the price. Is it worth the money in your opinion?

Anyone hear anything about the Arlen Ness/Magnaflow pipes as far as performance?

Quick Reply: 2 into 1 pipe for night train