Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DK Custom 587 Hi Flow Air Filter System

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017 | 11:51 AM
tbplayer
Cruiser

I just got a 606, and was going to have Venom Imaging make me a custom cover for it, but my graphic doesn't work with a center bolt, kind of ruins it.

I was hoping the "star" shaped five-bolt adapter would work, but they said it wouldn't fit.

I believe it will, so I ordered a DS-288929 today, which is basically a plain version of the five-bolt that they advertise on their site, and I'll try fitting that. According to some reading I've done, it will.

Once I confirm it, I'm going to take a picture of it, and go back to them, and ask them to create me a custom that matches. If it doesn't fit, I'll probably return it, or sell. Worst case, I'm out about $45.

But I think it'll work.

Old 05-20-2017 | 12:44 PM
Dalt10
Road Master
Veteran: Army

You can get different covers for the 587. The filter is a K&N. The K&N box that came with the DK setup says E-3212. Not sure if that's the part number. Filter is 1 7/8" thick and 6" round.

Old 05-20-2017 | 05:59 PM
Big Mule
Road Master

Clammy, It is the HD-0800

Old 05-23-2017 | 03:27 PM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Big Mule
Clammy, It is the HD-0800
Thanks for the info! I have a couple of HD-0800 filters for my current SE setup, and the skull cover. Knowing I will be able to use them with the DK system, with the breather bolts, seals it for me.

Is there a forum discount offered by DK Custom?

Cheers!

Last edited by Clammy; 05-23-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2017 | 07:24 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Clammy
Thanks for the info! I have a couple of HD-0800 filters for my current SE setup, and the skull cover. Knowing I will be able to use them with the DK system, with the breather bolts, seals it for me.

Is there a forum discount offered by DK Custom?

Cheers!
Hey Clammy,

Sorry I did not see this til just now.

There is a 10% off coupon code that is good for the next 11 days....starting at midnight tonite. It is Save-10

It is good on any of the 425, 587 or 606 Air Cleaner Systems.

On Twin Cams, it varies from bike to bike if they will spit out of the Breather Bolts or not...there is no way to know without trying.

There is a brand new External Breather System that has no visible hoses or filters. It is the Stealth External Breather System and you can see it at this LINK. These will NOT drip or mist onto your bike. These breathers are one of the options when you order your A/C system. To keep using the cover you have, you can order the naked 606 at this LINK.

Old 05-24-2017 | 10:13 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Hey Clammy,

There is a 10% off coupon code that is good for the next 11 days....starting at midnight tonite. It is Save-10

On Twin Cams, it varies from bike to bike if they will spit out of the Breather Bolts or not...there is no way to know without trying.

There is a brand new External Breather System that has no visible hoses or filters. It is the Stealth External Breather System and you can see it at this LINK. These will NOT drip or mist onto your bike. These breathers are one of the options when you order your A/C system. To keep using the cover you have, you can order the naked 606 at this LINK.
I've ordered lots from you guys, but I have the screaming eagle air cleaner see pic, will this work? if so, where do I tap into, or remove what, sorry for ignorance I'm new to all this, i have a 2008 rocker, still cherry 3k miles.....wanna keep her cherry...only I get to beat on her, f the epa!!!

Old 05-25-2017 | 07:21 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
I've ordered lots from you guys, but I have the screaming eagle air cleaner see pic, will this work? if so, where do I tap into, or remove what, sorry for ignorance I'm new to all this, i have a 2008 rocker, still cherry 3k miles.....wanna keep her cherry...only I get to beat on her, f the epa!!!
Nice looking ride!

We appreciate your business.

The External Breather Systems that will work with that A/C are either of the DIY kits that are at this LINK. If you click on one of the DIY's you can see photo's of where it taps in.

Feel free to email or call with any questions, or to get more info. I am on the road right now, so will only be on the forum now and then for the next few days.

Old 05-25-2017 | 09:19 AM
Clammy
|
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey Clammy,

Awesome! Thanks. I'm going to start with the breather bolts. If I have oil spitting issues, I'll look into the alternatives.

Cheers!

Old 05-25-2017 | 02:56 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dalt10
I have a DK custom Air Cleaner setup with hoses running to a filter under my bike. Never had it with the breather bolts. I wonder if they would leak or drip oil down on the engine.

do you trust that hanging off the bottom of your bike. a good size rock will take that out

Old 05-25-2017 | 04:08 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Nice looking ride!

We appreciate your business.

The External Breather Systems that will work with that A/C are either of the DIY kits that are at this LINK. If you click on one of the DIY's you can see photo's of where it taps in.

Feel free to email or call with any questions, or to get more info. I am on the road right now, so will only be on the forum now and then for the next few days.

thanks, I didn't see the install part, look like you drill two fittings in each side, hase connects somewhere, and breaths down below?I like that stealth setup, but it won't work with the screaming eagle intake huh? go figure...

Quick Reply: DK Custom 587 Hi Flow Air Filter System