Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Softail Slim Floorboard Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 09:04 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,437 Likes on 4,752 Posts

Originally Posted by STS
I guess I don't lean as much as others?
Have no idea how you ride, ground clearance on the scoot and how much you like getting into the curve is what I was referring to. It's all good, just saying the more comfortable you get with the scoot the more you'll spark those floorboards up in the curves. I ride a Deluxe which has a 4.8" ground clearance and I've read the clearance on the slim is what, 4.5"?
Floorboard pans seldom wear out and no one sees them. Worse scenario is you have to make sure the insert rubber grommets are fastened.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Otter
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 71 Posts

I’m almost with ya, and I dont mind scraping the boards, BUT! touch a mount and you’ve got a handful. I think barely scraping is fun, but doing it as a matter of course is putting you close to those solid mounts should something not go as planned in the corner. IMO better to learn to ride the softie with body english, and save your margin for error (or dodging others people errors)

Old 05-12-2017, 09:23 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Otter
I’m almost with ya, and I dont mind scraping the boards, BUT! touch a mount and you’ve got a handful. I think barely scraping is fun, but doing it as a matter of course is putting you close to those solid mounts should something not go as planned in the corner. IMO better to learn to ride the softie with body english, and save your margin for error (or dodging others people errors)
Floorboards swivel, the angle into the curve is everything. It's not for the nvice rider. There are several videos on the site where the advanced riders do the Police event on the obstacle course. Most of you should watch it and get an idea what were referring to. Cheers

Old 05-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Otter
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tampa Fatboy
Floorboards swivel, the angle into the curve is everything. It's not for the nvice rider. There are several videos on the site where the advanced riders do the Police event on the obstacle course. Most of you should watch it and get an idea what were referring to. Cheers
I’ve been riding for 29 years.

They most certainly do, and when you run out of said swivel because there is a big old dip in the road, or a teenage girl texting while driving on your side of the yellow, you will stab the mount, lift your back tire off the ground, most likely high-side and drill in. Like I said; barely scraping in a controlled manner on a road you’re familiar with is fun, doing it to the point that the board is swiveling up on a road you aren’t is just plain stupid, not to mention poor form. I don’t have any video references for you..

Old 05-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

I’ve been riding for 29 years.

They most certainly do, and when you run out of said swivel because there is a big old dip in the road, or a teenage girl texting while driving on your side of the yellow, you will stab the mount, lift your back tire off the ground, most likely high-side and drill in. Like I said; barely scraping in a controlled manner on a road you’re familiar with is fun, doing it to the point that the board is swiveling up on a road you aren’t is just plain stupid, not to mention poor form. I don’t have any video references for you..
whatever...i'm over your BS. On the way out the door I will post my scoot, post yours. I'm 64 and been ridin since I was 10. **** off

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 05-12-2017 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Otter
Road Master

Nice tude dude. Ride safe grumpy, maybe your screen name should be Tampon Fatboy.

Here’s my last four, the Low Rider is my latest build, and when it sells I’m starting fresh with a ’17 FLSS, since you called me out...

Last edited by Otter; 05-12-2017 at 10:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

@ Otter...nice scoot, tell me have ya done the advanced obstacle course? I'm thinkin not if ya have problems with draggin your floorboards...lmfao
Anyways, like I said nice scoot. I will add to my post you can stick the tampon comment up your **** tho

Last edited by Tampa Fatboy; 05-12-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Otter
Road Master

lol, you have to give me credit for that one, I cracked myself up..

And thank you

Old 05-12-2017, 11:58 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member

lol, you have to give me credit for that one, I cracked myself up..

And thank you
it's all good, caught a buzz and enjoyed the BS. Cheers

Old 05-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Otter
Road Master

Quick Reply: New Softail Slim Floorboard Question