Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 09:19 AM
abadley
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Rush Slip-ons

Just ordered some Rush slip-on's 1.75" baffle for my Fat Boy S. Was on the fence between 1.75" and 2". From what I've read and heard the 1.75" seems to be a nice happy medium. I currently have the Screamin' Eagle Street Cannons which will be for sale soon if anyone is interested. Only 1000 miles on them.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts
Default fatboy lo

i have the 2010 fatboy lo with the rush slip on mufflers with the 2 inch baffle they sound great never had a problem with them

Attached Thumbnails Rush Slip-ons-1910230_982314635175197_4850162473399869844_n.jpg  
Old 05-05-2017, 10:25 AM
abadley
Road Captain

Nice looking bike! I hope I'm not disappointed with the 1.75 baffles. Heard them on a Slim S with the 110" and they sounded nice! I can always swap baffles!

The following users liked this post:
Kojax (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 12:49 PM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

I have the Rush slip-ons with the 1.75" and I am very happy with them. The sound is deep and not too loud. When you push on the throttle you get this growl that just makes me grin like a fool.

I did have to use a fuel manager (V&H FP3) because of backfiring. No more problems now.

I will recommend that you add lollipops to them. It makes a great pipe into an awesome pipe and gives you lots of back pressure that you will appreciate. I bought mine from DK Customs per the recommendation of one of the members here and I am very happy with them.

Old 05-05-2017, 01:09 PM
abadley
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Labrador
I have the Rush slip-ons with the 1.75" and I am very happy with them. The sound is deep and not too loud. When you push on the throttle you get this growl that just makes me grin like a fool.

I did have to use a fuel manager (V&H FP3) because of backfiring. No more problems now.

I will recommend that you add lollipops to them. It makes a great pipe into an awesome pipe and gives you lots of back pressure that you will appreciate. I bought mine from DK Customs per the recommendation of one of the members here and I am very happy with them.
Do the lollipops change the sound?

Old 05-05-2017, 02:04 PM
Labrador
Road Master

Yes, the lollipops change the sound. I chose Rush pipes for their deep (Barry White type) sound. In my opinion, the lollipops changed some of the higher notes as I don't hear some of the sounds that I attributed to echoes coming from the baffles. Not sure how to describe it but I did notice a difference. Someone here mentioned that the frequency gets changed to the inaudible portion of the hearing spectrum.

You can also adjust the height of the lollipops and also turn them left or right to experiment. At twenty-something dollars they were not pricey.

I purchased them to get some of the torque back that you lose when you go with aftermarket slip-ons. Not sure if it was the slip-ons, the fuel manager or the lollipops but now the bike has got some kick to it.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:44 PM
mpaquette
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

I bought the Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles. Although I feel I may have lost some torque, I really have no evidence to back it up so it must be in my head. They have a nice low rumble which is what I was looking for and they look just like stock.

Old 05-05-2017, 04:10 PM
eichacsj
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mpaquette
I bought the Rush slip-ons with 2" baffles. Although I feel I may have lost some torque, I really have no evidence to back it up so it must be in my head. They have a nice low rumble which is what I was looking for and they look just like stock.
You will love the 2" I love the more base tone. I have had both 1.75 and 2". I do not know your tune (download, your tune or dyno tune) but you will not notice your tune difference unless you have the printout taped to your instrument panel.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:06 PM
abadley
Road Captain

I went with the 1.75" baffles. Hopefully I'm happy with the results. At this point stock mapping. Plan is to put this on and see how it runs. If need be I'll get an FP3 and download a mapping. For those who have the FP3 with Rush slip ons what mapping did you go with? I heard the FP3 does not have Rush pipes in the selection.

Old 05-05-2017, 10:40 PM
Labrador
Road Master

That's true, FP3 does not have Rush in their selection. I went with Exhaust manufacturer:generic, exhaust name:typical slip-ons, baffle type:standard baffle.

If you have a smartphone you can download their program and run it in demo mode. It is the same identical program that you will use with a real FP3 but in demo mode.

I am glad that you went with the 1.75". If you are not happy with the baffle you can always go down to 1.5" or up to 2.0+ and the baffles are not expensive.

It merits to point out that Rush has great customer support and their product is top notch. I've called them twice and both times I had a pleasant experience. I do recommend that you go to the HD store and pickup a set of muffler clamps. Don't try to reuse the old clamps. On my bike (2014) the metal from the clamps had gotten distorted and I had a hard time using the old clamps. I gave up and got new clamps. What a difference!.

Quick Reply: Rush Slip-ons