Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New slip ons on the Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:10 AM
Norky
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default New slip ons on the Heritage

I wanted the the bike to sound louder than stock, but not earplug loud. Also wanted to keep the stock look. Did a lot of searching and watching youtube videos and finally decided on the Khrome Werks 3" HD-plus slip ons. I considered the Rush slip ons, with a 2" baffle, but these seemed like a better choice.

I'm very happy with the results. It now has a low growl at idle and isn't too loud on an easy take off, but can get angry sounding with an aggressive take off.
Also installed a high flow intake. A big reason for the mods was to help cool the engine down. Won't know if it helped until we get warmer weather though.
Took it for a short spin after the install and it seemed more responsive with more pull on take off.

Old 05-03-2017, 10:42 AM
MysticTraveler
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't know why they don't get as much positive press as other manufacturers (V&H, Rush, etc.), but Khrome Werks makes some excellent slip-ons. I studied on it quite a bit before losing my stock mufflers. Khrome Werks have been awesome for me. Deep tone and very free flowing!

Old 05-03-2017, 11:02 AM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

sounds good....I'm debating going with slip on's or a full exhaust....those sound pretty good but I might want to ditch the cat in the stock system, I hear it makes a lot of heat. The down side to a full system is needing to also buy a tuner so it doubles the cost. thanks for the clip.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Norky
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
sounds good....I'm debating going with slip on's or a full exhaust....those sound pretty good but I might want to ditch the cat in the stock system, I hear it makes a lot of heat. The down side to a full system is needing to also buy a tuner so it doubles the cost. thanks for the clip.
I thought I'd have to get a whole new exhaust too, but after a few HD forum searches, I learned that the cat was in the muffler on my Heritage. It's possible yours could be the same way, not sure. Research can save money.