Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

17 Deluxe...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017 | 08:49 PM
SunDevil45
|
Intermediate
Talking 17 Deluxe...

Howdy guys 'n' gals,

Some of y'all might have answered some general questions a few days ago, guy basically broke his neck years ago on a wheel failure in the dirt, looking to get back in the saddle.

At any rate, I was bouncing between the Deluxe, the Breakout & then the Road King. Road them all plus the RG & SG & loved them all, for different reasons, but really didn't want that old guy in a recliner on two wheels going quite yet, so it came down to the King & Deluxe.

Was a very hard decision, but in the end, the first bike I ever really wanted won out, the Softy Deluxe.

So I'm the happy new owner (first NEW Harley & first new vehicle for which I have NO payments!) of a Vivid Black FLSTN. Probably keep it a Deluxe for a little while, at least till I figure out which way I want to go, but thinking I may go with that dropped Cholo look for a while.

Was really tough between the Deluxe & the RK, but in the end I figured I could always add bags to the Softy, but the RK looks like crap without them.

Speaking of which, have any of you had any experience with Tsukayu hard bags? They make a quick detachable hard bag model for the Softy that looks pretty good (at least online it does) as well as tour packs & batwings for the Softy & other makes/models. Just wondering if any has used any of their products and can comment on build quality. Otherwise, anyone know of any other sweet hard bags that are easily removed?

Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails 17 Deluxe...-img_1440.jpg  
Old 04-23-2017 | 11:17 AM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Cool

Nice choice. I made the same decision years ago. Still have my Deluxe. I just didn't feel comfortable on the RK. The on top of the bike feel sucked for me. Once up to speed though the ride was great.