Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best fuel gauge and fuel cap?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017 | 10:38 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 25-06
Um, don't know why this is proving to be such a heavy-lift for you there, Chief, but its the King's English we're speaking here, right? Bare 'ends' of the wires. Will it help if I repeat it? The "ends" of the wires on the kit were BARE (no connector)! Capiche? And yes, the wires on the stock gauge are colored, but those on the kit were not, so I'm afraid your photos and your argument are both pointless, but I'll certainly give you props for your enthusiasm!
You seem like the kind of guy that if its "above your pay grade" or in plain english, to complicated for you to figure out, its either junk or a POS! Id like to see a picture of the wiring on YOUR junk LED gauge, although I'm sure that conveniently its not available for pictures, because I've never seen a HARLEY gauge that was niether color coded wiring OR bare ends on the wires. They ALL come terminated with pins (that would be the little formed metal thingy crimped onto the ends of the colored wires, the "connector" would be the little black plastic thingy on the end of the wires from the stock gauge and also the loose little black plastic thingy that was in the box!

BTW, hows that shovel motor build coming?

Old 05-01-2017 | 01:52 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hog-doc
[B]Bare wires with no colored insulation on a Harley part? Highly unlikely! Black, yellow and orange wires, just like the stock gauge, you can either reuse the connector that you just took off tbe stock gauge OR the one that came in the kit!
Exactly, couldn't be easier...

Wrong, wrong, and wrong again! They weren't colored or"coded", there was no "connector" (they were bare wires) and there's plenty of recent posts on failed LEDs, so . . . "there ya go, Doctor".

But hey, thanks for stppping and for your self-described expert opinion, and best of luck with your next 500 installs! Good for me, good for you?
Um, don't know why this is proving to be such a heavy-lift for you there, Chief, but its the King's English we're speaking here, right? Bare 'ends' of the wires. Will it help if I repeat it? The "ends" of the wires on the kit were BARE (no connector)! Capiche? And yes, the wires on the stock gauge are colored, but those on the kit were not, so I'm afraid your photos and your argument are both pointless, but I'll certainly give you props for your enthusiasm!
The installation is simple, and just to prove you don't know what your talking about, and should be ignored....
Note the "color coded" wires and connector!!

Old 05-01-2017 | 12:19 PM
25-06
Advanced

My-my! I am so-so sorry guys. You're absolutely right! I desperately need to get some help. Nearly 70-years old now, and here I am, still fabricating entirely fictitious fables, right down to the bare wire-ends and lack of 4-way connector, just so I could register my dissatisfaction with this premium little fuel gauge kit, and troll the greater membership for endless drama and searing criticism of what is clearly an idiotic, uninformed, unpopular view. Whew-ee! I am SOLD, brother! I've simply got to get me some professional counseling ASAP.

But afterwards, can I still come back and join your priceless little sorority?

Old 05-01-2017 | 01:27 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

My-my! I am so-so sorry guys. You're absolutely right! I desperately need to get some help. Nearly 70-years old now, and here I am, still fabricating entirely fictitious fables, right down to the bare wire-ends and lack of 4-way connector, just so I could register my dissatisfaction with this premium little fuel gauge kit, and troll the greater membership for endless drama and searing criticism of what is clearly an idiotic, uninformed, unpopular view. Whew-ee! I am SOLD, brother! I've simply got to get me some professional counseling ASAP.

But afterwards, can I still come back and join your priceless little sorority?
So, you finally figured out your in over your head with the tbe 3 wires?

Old 05-01-2017 | 01:41 PM
25-06
Advanced

Originally Posted by hog-doc
So, you finally figured out your in over your head with the tbe 3 wires?

Old 05-01-2017 | 02:25 PM
hog-doc
Outstanding HDF Member

I am not the one with the sbitty attitude buddy!

Old 05-01-2017 | 03:36 PM
Dogs57
Tourer

I've had a set on my bike for 3 years now and no problems.