Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DNA Monster Apes

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017 | 10:40 PM
Otter
|
Road Master
Default DNA Monster Apes

Hey, I have an experience to share, and I know of one other member who has had similar. There is precious little info out there, so figured I'd share this. I went with these because I wanted a 1.5” bar that will accept a hydraulic clutch. Carlini and Factory 47 are my usual jam, but Carlini isnt accomodating hydrauic clutches on their 1.5 bars yet, and meathooks were not the style I was looking for for this build. This leaves very few options. At $199.00 for the 16’s, I didnt have super high expectations, but damn. The powdercoating is terrible, if its even powdercoating. It looks like a shitty rattle can job, and they were scratched clear into the metal in a few places. I could have returned them for exchange, but didnt see the point. The fabrication looks pretty good, and I like the design, so I opted to drop them off at my local shop and have them stripped, sanded and re-coated. That’ll cost me $100, so you’d not be saving anything over a better set of bars, if that would be the reason you were looking at them. Here’s a few tiny pics that I downloaded from my eBay messages to the seller. kcint is his seller name, for your reference.

Last edited by Otter; 04-21-2017 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2017 | 10:41 PM
Otter
|
Road Master

I would have considered DNA wheels in the future, but not anymore. DNA is DNot again.

Old 04-20-2017 | 01:13 AM
baloot-boy
Road Captain

Kcint is actually a store kc international. Their website is kcint2.com. If you ordered DNA parts from them, it was most likely drop shipped from DNA directly. Got my DNA 21x3.5 60 spoke from them a few years back. Been happy with it so far, although others haven't been that fortunate.

Old 04-20-2017 | 08:03 AM
Otter
|
Road Master

Its not the shipping that was the problem, it was his attitude after the fact.

Old 04-20-2017 | 02:52 PM
Otter
|
Road Master

So, an update. A supervisor from KC International called me today and said he had reviewed the cases from the last couple days and saw mine and wanted to reach out an apologize. He offered to split the cost of the powder, and refunded me $50. I am satisfied with that, and appreciate it.

Old 02-17-2022 | 12:49 PM
DL Jones
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Otter
Hey, I have an experience to share, and I know of one other member who has had similar. There is precious little info out there, so figured I'd share this. I went with these because I wanted a 1.5” bar that will accept a hydraulic clutch. Carlini and Factory 47 are my usual jam, but Carlini isnt accomodating hydrauic clutches on their 1.5 bars yet, and meathooks were not the style I was looking for for this build. This leaves very few options. At $199.00 for the 16’s, I didnt have super high expectations, but damn. The powdercoating is terrible, if its even powdercoating. It looks like a shitty rattle can job, and they were scratched clear into the metal in a few places. I could have returned them for exchange, but didnt see the point. The fabrication looks pretty good, and I like the design, so I opted to drop them off at my local shop and have them stripped, sanded and re-coated. That’ll cost me $100, so you’d not be saving anything over a better set of bars, if that would be the reason you were looking at them. Here’s a few tiny pics that I downloaded from my eBay messages to the seller. kcint is his seller name, for your reference.

Any update on how well the DNA bars have held up?

Old 02-17-2022 | 12:52 PM
DL Jones
3rd Gear

To anyone using the DNA bars! How well do they hold up? Pros & Cons on them?

Old 09-19-2022 | 08:05 PM
Robreynolds
Advanced

I am curious about this same thing. I’m considering the 1.5 DNA apes also but most everyone is saying they are not good quality. And I’ve found an Ebay seller that has them prewired which is a big plus. They are half the price of others. I’d like to hear from the people who have them too.

Old 09-19-2022 | 09:27 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

I have their 2” apes on my breakout. The powder on them sucks. Period. But for what they cost, you can still be under the cost of other companies bars even even you powder them yourself.

Old 09-19-2022 | 10:14 PM
Robreynolds
Advanced

How long have you had them on your bike? I’m probably gonna go with the chrome ones.

Quick Reply: DNA Monster Apes