Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tag Mount change up

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017 | 10:19 AM
DieselDoc103
|
Tourer
Default Tag Mount change up

Got tired of the billboard on the back , didn't wanna pay the 50 - 80 bucks for a lay down mount. I havnt quite figured out how I feel about it. I think it looks better but at the same time I wish it curved! what do you all think? before and after

Old 04-19-2017 | 10:25 AM
Mother
Road Captain

I think you need to check out Hogrida. $28 including shipping.

Old 04-19-2017 | 12:28 PM
DieselDoc103
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mother
I think you need to check out Hogrida. $28 including shipping.
I just hopped over to his webpage. looks great, great price also.
does it touch the paint? I don't really wanna bolt something directly to the paint if ya know what I mean.

Old 04-19-2017 | 01:55 PM
Mother
Road Captain

I can't remember if the stock piece has a gasket or not... if not, then you already have something bolted directly to your paint. It doesn't move once it's on there.

If you wanted to play it safe though you could always get some type of sheet rubber and cut a gasket out of it to cushion things.

Old 04-19-2017 | 03:13 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

You can get these in black, still gives you just enough room underneath to clean the fender. i have one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/361333128935...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Attached Thumbnails Tag Mount change up-fatty.jpeg  
Old 04-19-2017 | 04:21 PM
DieselDoc103
|
Tourer

ya know.... after looking at it and thinking about it I decided I hate it and I went ahead and ordered a curved laydown mount and frame.

Old 04-19-2017 | 08:20 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

to each his own

Old 04-20-2017 | 10:49 AM
DieselDoc103
|
Tourer

The one I ordered is nearly identical to that one you posted the link too. I just went through J and P because I have a gold club membership and got free shipping. 33 bucks total for the curved laydown mount and a chrome tag frame.

NOW I JUST NEED IT TO GET HERE!!!!

Old 04-20-2017 | 10:52 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DieselDoc103
The one I ordered is nearly identical to that one you posted the link too. I just went through J and P because I have a gold club membership and got free shipping. 33 bucks total for the curved laydown mount and a chrome tag frame.

NOW I JUST NEED IT TO GET HERE!!!!
i almost went with that, but wouldn't be able to get underneath it to clean the fender. the one i got has two different sized mounting plates, both made of rubber so it wouldn't scratch. i just used the shorter one. have always thought about doing the gold membership deal. do you pay a fee each year?

Old 04-20-2017 | 01:57 PM
DieselDoc103
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Freak Show
i almost went with that, but wouldn't be able to get underneath it to clean the fender. the one i got has two different sized mounting plates, both made of rubber so it wouldn't scratch. i just used the shorter one. have always thought about doing the gold membership deal. do you pay a fee each year?
Yeah you have to pay for it each year , the reason I have it is I ordered levers from them and it said ships within one day. I said ok cool and clicked order. 4 days later I still hadn't gotten a tracking number. I looked online and it now said ships within 4 weeks. I said whoah hold up and called customer service. they said theyre in picking. another 2 days go by and they still cant tell me why they didn't ship yet. I then started dealing with a customer service supervisor who told me they would ship tomorrow. tomorrow ( Monday ) rolls around and its now been a week since I clicked order on the levers and I bitched a fit something fierce, turns out they messed up inventory and they wouldn't have them for 3 weeks. I said this is crap im canceling my order. so to try and keep my business they gave me a free gold club membership.

I called and canceled it the next day and ordered the same levers from revzilla and had them in 4 days. havnt had any issues since then . im not going to renew the gold club membership. I mean its cool but unless you buy a lot of parts, which I don't , its not really worth it to me. not for 40 bucks a year.

Quick Reply: Tag Mount change up