Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Look Headlights for 07 FLSTF

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:43 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fat Look Headlights for 07 FLSTF

Looking to PHAT up my 07 fatty front end. AM keen to do something likeVertigo14 has done to the front of his bike. Has anybody else done this and if so can they advisea list of bits and pieces I need to order from HD and also let me know what I am in for labourwise... ie: is it a nightmare job?

DeanO

Old 06-04-2007, 02:49 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Fat Look Headlights for 07 FLSTF

Also look at the PHAT headlight trim ring I have. I don't know the brand or anything but it phattens it up a bit. The passing lamps can be had from HD or aftermarket companies. I wanted them for a while but then decided I like the look of my bike as it is.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:04 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I like that!! I like at your bike... it seems to have a soul and some attitude.. I don't wanna **** it off !!

Yeah looks good but I wanna do the 1 big headlight with the two smaller ones on the side with the turn signals hanging below. Need a fat front for the fat back! Who's wanna girl with a big butt and a flat chest !! Bikes ain't any difference!!

All Heil Anubiss!

Regards,
DeanO

Old 06-04-2007, 03:34 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Basically it is a nightmare job. But it's not too bad.. with the right f'n kit. T/S relocation requires either splicing into lines, or moveing the gas tank back to get at a 6pin connector...dont try that will a full gas tank )) LOL. A good soldeing gun will help keep the connections secure(and weather proof). Getting the headlamp removed on the 07 fatboy is a bitch too. Basicly have to strip the whole thing.. backplates, front plates, Headlamp.

The kit I have on now doesn't fit an 07 fatboy with the stock headlamps front plate. I have that plate on now in my picture down below... its being pushed on by the light bar.(not good)
HD has a kit on the website only for the 07 fatboy with the stock headlamps plate. It is different from the paper catalogs listing.

Yeah I had the parts guy order from the paper catalog, which is basically out of date or not showing enough of the 07 models stuff(07 models seem to vary from 06 models).
So a part that says 02 and up models just might not fit the 07... so be careful when ordering from the paper tree catalog.. Try to order from HD's website(meaning getting the exact part numbers from the website)

The part you will need for use with the stock plate is 69287-07

You will need the lamps parts for the kit and there are various styles (smoothed, lined...etc..)

You also will need a turn signal relocation kit, if you want it like mine. You can have the bullet style or the flat lens case style. Up to you.

You can also fatten it even further with removing the stock 07s fatboys front plate and put in a chrome nacelle surround kit. Which I will be doing soon as Chicago HD sends me the F'n part its been since last month on the 17th(I ordered).

Also windshields will have to be ordered to accommodate the AUX lighting kit and if you put the Chrome Nacelle kit on you will have to get a specific windshield from HD that will fit both. Or you can try to find one from an aftermarket company that might fit both.. or the various handlebar mount ones.

You can also fatten up the trim rings on the various aux lamps, turn signals and headlamp. Tho if you go with the Chrome Nacelle kit the trim ring visor style is from the touring line and not the little trim ring you can put on it.(hehe) and the T/S visor trim doesn't accept lens.. they have their own lens built in.... and you will need to change out bulbs for the amber if you go with a lens other than amber. (and use some of that dialectic grease for the bulbs as well)

And another thing with the T/S if you dont want the T/S lamps to glow(amber running lights) dont connect the blue wires.(I taped em up in case I ever need them) Just the purple and black wires for the T/S to work. Besides with the AUX lighting kit, who needs amber glowing T/S running lights... Not me!!

Old 06-04-2007, 08:47 PM
bikeknight
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ditto on the front plate caveat. You need an '06 plate to accomodate the aux lamp bar.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:15 PM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dmac1968

Looking to PHAT up my 07 fatty front end. AM keen to do something likeSteve has done to the front of his bike "VERTIGO14". Has anybody else done this and if so can they advisea list of bits and pieces I need to order from HD and also let me know what I am in for labourwise... ie: is it a nightmare job?

DeanO
I am a newbie wrench (only my second Harley) and I did mine myself. Piece of cake. You would need the nacelle kit, the aux lighting kit, the bullet TS relocation kit and the trim ring set of your choice. Everyhting comes with full instructions but a manual is needed for removal of some parts and the wiring diags are really handy. I went with the flat clear lens complete with visor trim rings 'cos I think they complement the clear headlamp and passing lamps. If you want a windshield there is one for the nacelle and passing lamp combo that still accepts windshield bags (nostalic does not) but make sure you get the mounting kit 'cos you'll need the spacers. Note that the trim ring fits over the existing trim ring, it does not replace it.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:47 PM
NC Pirate
Road Master

I had the dealer install the dexluxe kit and trim rings at the 1000 mile service...3 hours labor, but it was well worth it, because I would have probably screwed it all up, especially after reading vertigo's post!

I think the trim rings add a lot to the "fat" look......

[IMG]local://upfiles/32282/59548506E77945E4BB8949CCBD479D05.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2007, 12:01 AM
BuckeyeHD
Tourer

ORIGINAL: NC Pirate

I had the dealer install the dexluxe kit and trim rings at the 1000 mile service...3 hours labor, but it was well worth it, because I would have probably screwed it all up, especially after reading vertigo's post!

I think the trim rings add a lot to the "fat" look......

[IMG]local://upfiles/32282/59548506E77945E4BB8949CCBD479D05.jpg[/IMG]
Bitchin' I love that color combo too. You could have done it yourself, trust me, you would have had $200+ for more bling. Nonetheless she looks sweet! Congrats.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:34 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

Sweet looking bike BuckeyeHD.

I just got the nacell on.. tho for some reason cant get the lamps trim ring on.. correctly. .... doh so I closed up my garage tonight..
and the nacell cap(the riser clamp) cant find the right screws for it.. guess Im a bit bushed tonight.. anyways it is 11pm im taking a brake till tomorrow

My new windshield fits (detachable - lowprofile and slightly smoked)

Heres is a pic or two, oopse sorry about teh fingerprints

[IMG]local://upfiles/26427/BD49E809C8674BA6B2FE16666B337415.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/26427/1B87BD9432784B99AD4F7931D6F9AB08.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-05-2007, 04:21 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member

I hate unfinished jobs :P so I went back out and put da trim on the headlamp and took a new pic

ya ya she is dirty, i need to wash her tomorrow

Quick Reply: Fat Look Headlights for 07 FLSTF