Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Slim with 200mm crossbones wheel/tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2017 | 05:44 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

I just recently got my hands on a x-bones wheel and will be swapping out for it cause it matches my front wheel perfect. Not sure why Harley did the 10 hole rear with the laced front.

Old 12-22-2017 | 10:57 PM
Tienbm
1st Gear

Hi stal94gt!
have a look at your thread on the slim! From your experience, can i run at least 180 rear on my deluxe 07? iam only afraid of changing the sprocket and pulley!
​​​​​​​

Old 12-23-2017 | 11:42 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

Yes you can convert to a 180/200 tire using your stock swing arm. You will need a new rock guard (stock one is cheap) and get you a wheel and 20mm pulley and space everything. I happen to have a couple sets of 20mm pulleys and a 10 hole solid mag from my 2007 night train. I will give you a pulley for the cost of shipping if you want it. The wheel maybe expensive to pack and ship but if you want it you can pay me to ship it your way and maybe a few dollars tip. It already has he right bearings in it to fit your 2007. The pictures you posted of the bobbed fender can be had cheap with the lucky sucker fender. I had one but gave it to a buddy. You can get a new fender off eBay for about 200 dollars

The following users liked this post:
Tienbm (12-24-2017)
Old 12-23-2017 | 11:49 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

Here is my bike when I had it bobbed with the lucky sucker fender

Old 12-25-2017 | 01:00 AM
Tienbm
1st Gear

Thks for your quick response!
Marry x mas bro!
As you told all i had to do was to find a 17 inch rim, and 20 teeth pulley! if i changed the stock front pulley to 20 teeth, would i have to change the belt and the behind pulley?
Also thanked to your offer about the pulley and the wheel! I prefer the spoke wheel rather than the solid one!
About the fender, i will diy like the sucker sample; it is easy and cheap to find one in vietnam!
Wanna ask what type of battery and ecm cover is on your night train? is it plastic?

Old 12-25-2017 | 04:44 PM
BlessedHellride
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
Sorry SGT. Rosie, just seeing this thread now, I can pm you my e-mail address if it helps.
Your slim swingarm is the same as the crossbones swingarm. All you need is the crossbones wheel, you can re-use your slim spacers, rear pulley, brake caliper mount etc. The hub on the crossbones wheel is identical dimensionally to your slim hub. it's an easy bolt on. You're correct, you will need a rock guard from a fatboy or bones, that also bolts right in.
You can space out your oem slim struts with some washers, you wont see them at all once your seat is back on.
On the underside of your slim seat you're going to have to cut two small sections out of the plastic to accommodate the wider fender.
If you go the WCC route, go with the 8.5" (not the 9") the 8.5" is plenty wide enough for a 200 tire. The 9" wont hug the sides of the tire as nice and it'll add another 1/4" per side you'll have to space your struts out over the 8.5". The WCC roller fender is fairly close in profile to the slim fender. Once you pull your slim fender you can trace the curve on to the WCC fender to get the profile the same..then start cutting.
I have a thread in here somewhere kind of documenting what I did in the conversion.
Best mod I've done to my bike, looks better, handles great.
Hope that helps..again, I'll pm you my e-mail, feel free to use it if needed, you should be able to pm here soon I'm sure.
Cheers

This pic is deceiving, it must be the slight angle. The WCC fender profile matches the 17" rear rim profile almost bang on.
Converting the Slim to 200mm would be great, I'd like to see that with the fat front spoked wheel. this blackiline looks sweet. Not to hijack the thread, but what upper fork cover is used here? I like how it fattens up the skinny forks on this model softail. Merry Christmas, everyone!

Old 12-26-2017 | 12:12 PM
gregeinsc
Road Captain

Originally Posted by stal94gt
Yes you can convert to a 180/200 tire using your stock swing arm. You will need a new rock guard (stock one is cheap) and get you a wheel and 20mm pulley and space everything. I happen to have a couple sets of 20mm pulleys and a 10 hole solid mag from my 2007 night train. I will give you a pulley for the cost of shipping if you want it. The wheel maybe expensive to pack and ship but if you want it you can pay me to ship it your way and maybe a few dollars tip. It already has he right bearings in it to fit your 2007. The pictures you posted of the bobbed fender can be had cheap with the lucky sucker fender. I had one but gave it to a buddy. You can get a new fender off eBay for about 200 dollars
I have sent you a couple of PM's. I am interested in getting that wheel from you if it is still available. I have a box I can send to you to ship the wheel in. I gave you my cell in the PM so you can text me. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2020 | 10:44 PM
Tandrew
6th Gear

Hey guys,

I have a 2016 Softail Slim S w/ABS. I recently purchased the Roland Sands Tracker 200mm rear fender and struts, as well as the seat to go with it. I need to get the fender painted and the wheel & tire. I am looking to go to a 17” x 6” or a 18 x 6” rear wheel from DNA wheels since they are close enough to drive to for me and pair it with a 200 rear tire. My question is, has anyone had fitment issues with either combination, and if so what were the issues and how did you resolve them. From what I understand reading this forum it’s fairly straightforward, but i have also spoken to Lonnie at Heartland who said it requires a custom offset to work, and i also spoke to Jerry at DNA who has told me that when I place the order for the wheel to just say it needs the heartland 200 offset.

Thanks

Old 11-03-2020 | 12:38 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

fixing offset isn't hard or really that expensive. I did have to buy new axle spacers and pulley spacers to be able to shift the wheel. the brake rotor bolts are real close to the caliper so I used that as a reference point. the pulley that I have is aftermarket so it requires a spacer to fit properly. either way if things dont line up you will have to shift a few things around. i did try the rsd tracker fender along time ago but i wasnt able to center the wheel under it so i went a different direction.