Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I "freakin" love my bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Catching a Breeze
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default I "freakin" love my bike

Purchased avivid black 07 FLSTCat the end ofMarch. Had been ridingmetriccruisers before that. I have now seen the light.

Man, I love this thing. When I'm not riding, all I can think about is riding my bike. When I am riding, Idon't want it to end.

Washed it and polished tonight after the ride today, and I keep going out to the garage to look at it about every hour.She's so "purdy". My wife calls it my other woman. She doesn't seem to mind though.

How long does the euphoria last? It's like being in love for the first time all over again. Is thisbehavior normal?

I love to hear the Rush 2.0's going down the road. I'd swear thisbike has a soul of it's own.

This thing handles like a dream! In town, hi-ways, interstates, not a problem. It just loves whatever you throw at it.

The sixth gear is awesome. I'll throw her into sixth around seventy and she just purrs with delight singing and gliding down the interstate.

Don't like the heaton my legsat the stoplights in townon mid 80 degree and higherdays though. But I'll just "getter" back out on the road and everythings fine again.

Can't wait til I get off work tomorrow so I can ride her again. I "freakin" love this bike.

Old 06-04-2007, 02:23 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I "freakin" love my bike

Congrats man. I almost got the softail custom myself. I drove the dealership crazy going back and fourth between the Fatboy and that. I got my Fatty the end of March too. I could sleep in the garage next to her!!

Old 06-04-2007, 02:33 AM
drrandall1
Outstanding HDF Member

Any pics yet??

Old 06-04-2007, 02:42 AM
waterdog
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Purchased avivid black 07 FLSTCat the end ofMarch. Had been ridingmetriccruisers before that. I have now seen the light.

Man, I love this thing. When I'm not riding, all I can think about is riding my bike. When I am riding, Idon't want it to end.

Can't wait til I get off work tomorrow so I can ride her again. I "freakin" love this bike.
I fully understand ya,Breeze. I also purchased an FLSTC, in Fire Red Pearl/Black Pearl colors, at the end of April, and I'm still on a high myself!

Love to ride it every chance I get (or can manufacture even). I have already put 1100 miles on my new wheels, and can't wait to ride more, more, more!

You shouldstart riding yours to work also, then you don't have to wait so long to ride again.

Welcome to the board and Congrats on your new "gal"!

There's tons of info to be found here on potential modifications and/or accessories that you might want to consider for her. Happy reading.

Old 06-04-2007, 10:32 AM
DaveJ
Road Master

Congrats!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-04-2007, 12:21 PM
mark1957222
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Know just how you feel. I had my 2007 FXST for about a week now and just had her out yesterday for the first real ride. Nothing else compares. This is my first big street bike (only had enduros before). She rides just fantastic, haven't even had her into 6th gear yet. Just going to take a little while to get use to stopping and starting out, not quite use to the weight of the bike yet.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:43 PM
07flstc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Know what yah mean , I got the same bike and just can not leaveher alone !!! [sm=shades.gif] Lets see some pics !!

[IMG]local://upfiles/20490/EA5415AE7B5D4341AD63F624DE2395D4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 PM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I freakin loved my bike twice !! Now I can't figure how to get the melted condom off the inside of the baffles Bike lovin' is best done from a distance me thinks!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24695/A92EE0318BE140AE9266A53D86DDBED4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-04-2007, 03:13 PM
XTrooper3936
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad to read that you're enjoying your Harley. That's what it's all about! Ride on! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-04-2007, 03:51 PM
Live2Ride
Banned Camp
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Catching a Breeze

Purchased avivid black 07 FLSTCat the end ofMarch. Had been ridingmetriccruisers before that. I have now seen the light.

Washed it and polished tonight after the ride today, and I keep going out to the garage to look at it about every hour.She's so "purdy". My wife calls it my other woman. She doesn't seem to mind though.

How long does the euphoria last? It's like being in love for the first time all over again. Is thisbehavior normal?

I love to hear the Rush 2.0's going down the road. I'd swear thisbike has a soul of it's own.

This thing handles like a dream! In town, hi-ways, interstates, not a problem. It just loves whatever you throw at it.

The sixth gear is awesome. I'll throw her into sixth around seventy and she just purrs with delight singing and gliding down the interstate.

Don't like the heaton my legsat the stoplights in townon mid 80 degree and higherdays though. But I'll just "getter" back out on the road and everythings fine again.

I must admit I do the same thing when I've spent a lot of quality time with mine and she's all nice and shiney. The other day I grabbed a chair and sat in the garage next to my bike for a few minutes to give it a good look and contemplate my next mod. I know....it's pathetic, but I just can't help it. I love my Harley!

Quick Reply: I "freakin" love my bike