Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2017 Softail Slim Bobber Build

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:45 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

Me too. I prefer rigids but my back just can't take the pounding after 30 years in the gym. Plus, I ant fix a damn thing and rigids fall apart so going with a Softail with fuel injection was my attempt at practicality. I can ride this thing for quite a while with no problem.

Originally Posted by stal94gt
Love the Bobber look. I wish I was able to stay comfortable on bikes like that but over time I had to change it up to a more practical setup

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:47 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

Thank you and that is exactly why I went the route I did. Rocky Mountain Harley has taken very good care of me for my last 2 builds. They have been awesome and if anything goes wrong they are there to take care of it.

Originally Posted by matte
The way I see it it's there's no difference than your route our going through some chopper company. The ultimate cost for a new Harley plus all your mods will likely be the same. And you have the added benefit of Harley warranty since it was all done I house versus trusting a less ubiquitous company. I just don't have that loot to skiing so is do what I could at home.

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:49 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

I definitely will. I live st 9k feet and we have snow this week so I won't ride until next weekend and I can take pics then. We keep our bikes down in Denver or I would go out to the garage and take the pics now.

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
Love the bike. I too would like to know how the tank is in place. If you post some more pictures, a close up of the mounts would be great.

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:51 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

Tricked out sled but I never could get my head around my nuts being that close a grinding wheel at any pothole not to mention all the road **** that gets tossed up the back and down the shirt. I like some kind of rear fender, too many miles and years not know how that could end.......

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:55 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

I get asked about this a lot because my last bike had no fenders either. I have had no problems with debri other than water if it's raining. In the hot months I even ride with no shirt and it still isn't an issue.

And about *****... if your ***** are close to either tire you're doing something really wrong. 🙂

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Tricked out sled but I never could get my head around my nuts being that close a grinding wheel at any pothole not to mention all the road **** that gets tossed up the back and down the shirt. I like some kind of rear fender, too many miles and years not know how that could end.......

Old 04-01-2017 | 01:20 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by IntenseMuscle
I take no offense to your reply and if I had that kind of time I would love to learn how to do that kind of work. Where you guys might have a hobby of working in the garage, I am a competitive bodybuilder so I spend a lot of my time in the gym.
Time is money so instead of wasting time ****ing something up all by myself, I pay for someone else to do it right the first time. 🙂
paying Harley doesn't mean it was done right.

Old 04-01-2017 | 01:23 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

I get asked about this a lot because my last bike had no fenders either. I have had no problems with debri other than water if it's raining. In the hot months I even ride with no shirt and it still isn't an issue.

And about *****... if your ***** are close to either tire you're doing something really wrong. 🙂

Hit enough crap on the road where my *** has come off a solo seat and slammed off the rear fender a time or 2 over the years, went a phase where skinny 5" wide flat fenders where all the rage on stripped chops. One good pothole or a muffler to bounce over ..........

Old 04-01-2017 | 01:27 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

*eye roll*

I don't come here to argue and I have run a message board in my industry for almost 14 years so I understand how they work.

Here is my position:

I have money and spent a lot of it to have RMH build my bike to my specs and I trust them to do awesome work. Honestly, that's all that matters.
If you want to save money and do things yourself in your garage,
more power to you.

You like to opine a lot but yet have made it a point to not mention anything directly about how my bike looks. Instead, you focus on other things like attempting to judge me on how much money I spent, why I don't do the work myself, blah, blah, blah.

You are THAT guy on the message board. It's great to meet you.
lol

Originally Posted by Freak Show
paying Harley doesn't mean it was done right.

The following users liked this post:
Johnny Goodlife (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017 | 01:29 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Hit enough crap on the road where my *** has come off a solo seat and slammed off the rear fender a time or 2 over the years, went a phase where skinny 5" wide flat fenders where all the rage on stripped chops. One good pothole or a muffler to bounce over ..........
As I stated earlier, I have ridden rigids for a long time and though I would bounce off the seat, I have never once hit a rear fender and have had 2 bikes with no rear fender and haven't impaled myself yet. I'll take my chances.

Old 04-01-2017 | 01:32 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

As I stated earlier, I have ridden rigids for a long time and though I would bounce off the seat, I have never once hit a rear fender and have had 2 bikes with no rear fender and haven't impaled myself yet. I'll take my chances.

Still a good looking sled

Quick Reply: My 2017 Softail Slim Bobber Build