Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2017 Softail Slim Bobber Build

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017 | 12:58 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

Paughco makes an awesome springer and this one has the extra shock so it is really smooth. My last bike I had the same springer but not the extra shock and the front end was 2.5 inches longer with the same tires.
I would notice on long turns I would get some bounce but I don't get that with this one.

Originally Posted by Hellbilly562
Nice build Intense.....how's that springer front end ride and also those tires?

The following users liked this post:
Hellbilly562 (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017 | 02:57 PM
rquest
Road Master

Originally Posted by IntenseMuscle
That may be but typically message boards are full of people that want to opine about how stupid it is that I would spend so much money when "they"
could have done it so much cheaper.

I will just say it was expensive but someone else made the comment and I agree with them that the value of the bike is what it means to me -
not anyone else. I sold my last bike (among other things) because we were rushed to get into a new house and didn't get to ride all last year so I was pretty happy to build an even better bike and finally get back on the road. To ME, this bike is perfect and so the amount that I paid for this work to be done was justified.
I can appreciate that and no offence but many (if not most) of us get pleasure out of doing the work ourselves. This way we get to make it 'our own,' 'save money,' 'learn how the mechanics work' and most of all 'keeps us in the garage and out of trouble, haha' You're just not playing fair when you can give someone money and have them do all the work. (But then again maybe I'm cheap! lol)

Last edited by rquest; 03-30-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-30-2017 | 03:12 PM
Hellbilly562
Extreme HDF Member

Nothing wrong with doing your own work....or if you're not inclined or pressed for time, have someone do it for ya....there's things I do myself....and some things I don't feel like doing....

Old 03-30-2017 | 03:36 PM
NTA
Tourer
Thumbs up

Nice ride !

Old 03-30-2017 | 03:48 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior

Intense.. that bike is perfect for terrorizing the neighborhood .. I like!!
. .

Old 03-30-2017 | 04:00 PM
stal94gt
Road Master

Love the Bobber look. I wish I was able to stay comfortable on bikes like that but over time I had to change it up to a more practical setup

Old 03-30-2017 | 04:39 PM
matte
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by IntenseMuscle
That may be but typically message boards are full of people that want to opine about how stupid it is that I would spend so much money when "they"
could have done it so much cheaper.

I will just say it was expensive but someone else made the comment and I agree with them that the value of the bike is what it means to me -
not anyone else. I sold my last bike (among other things) because we were rushed to get into a new house and didn't get to ride all last year so I was pretty happy to build an even better bike and finally get back on the road. To ME, this bike is perfect and so the amount that I paid for this work to be done was justified.

The way I see it it's there's no difference than your route our going through some chopper company. The ultimate cost for a new Harley plus all your mods will likely be the same. And you have the added benefit of Harley warranty since it was all done I house versus trusting a less ubiquitous company. I just don't have that loot to skiing so is do what I could at home.

Old 03-30-2017 | 05:18 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member

Love the bike. I too would like to know how the tank is in place. If you post some more pictures, a close up of the mounts would be great.

Old 04-01-2017 | 12:41 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

I take no offense to your reply and if I had that kind of time I would love to learn how to do that kind of work. Where you guys might have a hobby of working in the garage, I am a competitive bodybuilder so I spend a lot of my time in the gym.
Time is money so instead of wasting time ****ing something up all by myself, I pay for someone else to do it right the first time. 🙂
Originally Posted by rquest
I can appreciate that and no offence but many (if not most) of us get pleasure out of doing the work ourselves. This way we get to make it 'our own,' 'save money,' 'learn how the mechanics work' and most of all 'keeps us in the garage and out of trouble, haha' You're just not playing fair when you can give someone money and have them do all the work. (But then again maybe I'm cheap! lol)

The following users liked this post:
One Vision (04-02-2017)
Old 04-01-2017 | 12:42 PM
IntenseMuscle
|
Advanced

Thank you!
I love everything about this bike!

Originally Posted by joebotics
Intense.. that bike is perfect for terrorizing the neighborhood .. I like!!
. .

Quick Reply: My 2017 Softail Slim Bobber Build