Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discontinied Deuce?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007 | 10:17 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Default RE: Discontinied Deuce?

I constantly hear people talking about the demise of the Deuce for poor sales, well then explain the Wide Glide and Road King Custom... those are two models that you see all over the road - I can't believe they suffer from poor sales (nor the standard for that matter). The interesting thing is every time I am in the dealership and hear a salesman talking to a tall guy they are pushing them towards the Deuce or the Wide Glide - what will tall guys ride now?

(I know what this tall guy will ride - see sig)

ORIGINAL: rideforfun

Liberty Harley had this in their spring newsletter: "We have also learned from Harley-Davidson Motor Company that they are dropping a bunch of models for the 2008 model year. The Softail Standard, Springer Classic, Softail Deuce, the Street Rod, the Wide Glide, the Road King Custom and the Sportster 883R."

Old 06-03-2007 | 11:26 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm not sure why a tall guy will fit on a Deuce any better than any other identical framed softail model.
Need more room? Buy a different seat, simple as that to fix the problem.

Why are you guys treating the cutting of the Deuce like some kind of personal insult?
If you are happy with your bike, that's great, butwhy all of the defensiveness about it?
In a few years, you'l have something a little more rare, and that's good in my book.
I ride a Train that I changed around to be different, and they could cutthe modeltomorrow, it wouldn't bother me a bit..

I could care less about what another person rides, but I am sure the MoCo has a business decision to make, and these models are not part of it.

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:08 PM
f2titan
|
Cruiser

Yes. Its all cost/business factors. I agree, its still a good looking ride. Really don't think I'll ever sell her now. Here are some pictures of my last long trip with my Deuce, before getting adding the Street Gluide. Enjoy!

Old 06-03-2007 | 12:11 PM
mark1957222
Tourer

Why are you guys treating the cutting of the Deuce like some kind of personal insult?
If you are happy with your bike, that's great, butwhy all of the defensiveness about it?
In a few years, you'll have something a little more rare, and that's good in my book.

That's the way I look at it I just bought a 2007 Standard, now I have one of the very last ones to ever be made. People will start to envy it more now that they can't buy them.

Old 06-03-2007 | 01:00 PM
Lightngsvt
Road Captain

Does anyone have an actual color chart for 08 with color chips? There are some really nice sounding color choices for the 08 FLSTN!!!

Old 06-03-2007 | 02:06 PM
firestarter
Road Captain

Just like Chevy bringing back the Camaro after years of no production, the Deuce will rise from the ashes and return to the Harley line. Knowing the MotoCo they already have a time line and a marketing plan to bring back a Harley legend. I am just happy that I have mine and like Voodoo will keep on riding it.

Old 06-03-2007 | 02:35 PM
Crazy Canuck
Outstanding HDF Member

Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't read aboutanybody being insulted by the cutting of the Deuce model on this thread.
Anyhow, it will in my opinion make the ones we have more
valuable. Especially if it looks like Voodoo's. I agree with you Firestarter. They will probably comeback with the Deuce model
in the future. And I will be the first one in line to buy one so
I could have the old one and the new one.

Old 06-03-2007 | 09:56 PM
woosh
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Crazy Canuck

Correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't read aboutanybody being insulted by the cutting of the Deuce model on this thread.
Anyhow, it will in my opinion make the ones we have more
valuable. Especially if it looks like Voodoo's. I agree with you Firestarter. They will probably comeback with the Deuce model
in the future. And I will be the first one in line to buy one so
I could have the old one and the new one.
Word.

Old 06-03-2007 | 10:34 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior

there are so many different types of Harleys. The beauty and value is in theeye of the beholder. My first bike was a 1992 FXLR. Many say the Low Riders were one of the best. I bought that bike for ten grand and sold it for 12.5. Today I could get it for 8 grand or less. Enjoy what you all have. The Duece is one of the best looking bikes to come out in a long while - no question about that.

Old 06-03-2007 | 11:14 PM
voodoo93
Road Warrior

My point was with the forward controls and the dealers steering guys that way - I guess I don't see where I treated this as any kind of personal insult nor did I see my comments as defensive. George you have always had nice things to say on here and have IMO been a friend of the Deuce riders but I have to say my friend you missed the boat regarding any point I was making.

ORIGINAL: George C

I'm not sure why a tall guy will fit on a Deuce any better than any other identical framed softail model.
Need more room? Buy a different seat, simple as that to fix the problem.

In a few years, you'l have something a little more rare, and that's good in my book.
I ride a Train that I changed around to be different, and they could cutthe modeltomorrow, it wouldn't bother me a bit..

I could care less about what another person rides, but I am sure the MoCo has a business decision to make, and these models are not part of it.

Quick Reply: Discontinied Deuce?