Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 309 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by WARG
However, with the quick detach options you can have it both ways. I'm still considering getting one. Maybe a low profile smoked one would be cool on my scoot.
In my opinion, removable/detachable is the only way to go. I personally don't think a windshield enhances the appearance at all - in fact I don't care for the looks at all. They sure do help cut the wind, and also keep the bugs/sand/rocks/grime off you when riding at speed. Just be sure you get one that is the right size... don't get the shorty just because of appearance, as there is little asthetic difference between the shorty and standard (and even the tall for that matter - the look sucks either way) but it makes a huge difference in its effectiveness.

Roger

Old 08-12-2008, 02:06 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by rbabos
Just put a windvest on my fxstc and it's pretty good. I'd say it takes about half the wind pressure out. Just enough to be comfortable at higher speeds but still gives enough wind for motorcycle effect. It's actually plexiglass and not lexan. Plexi never dulls and more scratch resistant than lexan. Plexi will however shatter if hit hard enough or crack at the holes if flexed too much. That's why it's so thick, to make it more durable. Having the custom , I was hesitant to go with a larger windshield and eventually lowers. Just too big for my tastes. Windvest did not detract from the bikes beauty. Actually looks cool. At 5'8 I went with the 14x14 and ran it full up on the holes and brackets which puts wind blast about 2" above my helmet.
Ron

Plexiglas is acrylic and will yellow and get brittle over time. Between that and the fact that it will shatter if hit hard will steer me towards a polycarbonate (Lexan) windshield every time.

Old 08-12-2008, 02:50 PM
theos02
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default windshield

I don't think it takes anything away from the bike. I like what it does for my riding.