Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS Batwing fairing reviews

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 02:19 PM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Deadof_knight
I have been looking at a batwing also for my fatboy .... currently looks like a softail deluxe .... but a good batwing would look good and do the inner shell for radio !! that's my plan

I bought my fairing used, modified it (dropped a few more pounds, marine radio).
I went form an Ultra to a Deluxe, was not a fan of the heavy Ultra (great on the hwy sucked in town) love the Deluxe with this set up all the time.
I wanted the fairing protection and the music (plus I like the look).
Plus you can pop it off in a matter of minutes and go with just the windshield or with nothing.

Last edited by GRWHD; 08-20-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:49 AM
michnig
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone in the US make a batwing style fairing for the 2018 Fatboy.i would need to purchase in the UK.
Thanks

Old 08-22-2018, 10:08 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 440 Likes on 321 Posts

Chasing the buffet-free ride is almost always going to be entirely subjective. There are too many variables at play for my experience to be repeatable for you, on your bike. Having said that, on my last bike I went through 6 windshields before getting to my Batwing. Once there I used two different LRS shields before the second one gave me the best ride I'd had, on that bike or any other prior to that. Before I sold it I could ride comfortably without buffetting most of the time. But on any bike I've had, including that one buffetting was an issue at times because the air was being redirected, and traffic beside and in front of me affected that redirection at times as did varying atmospheric conditions.
Since buying my Deuce and then my Fat Boy I've come back around and enjoy the ride more without a shield. The air flow is cleaner most of the time, with the exception of freeway riding in traffic which I avoid anyway.
Bottom line, you have to experiment to find the best combination for you, on every different bike you ride. Your height, your seat, your riding position, riding conditions, the shape of the bike and placement of accessories on it all play a part and do affect the overall achievement of the best degree of improvement for you.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:15 AM
michnig
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply but cant seem to find a batwing fairing for a 2018 Fatboy,dont think they are making them yet,if at all.