Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MS Batwing fairing reviews

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 01:19 PM
commander10
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like mine.

Old 03-26-2017, 02:18 PM
billib1954
Road Master
Received 354 Likes on 233 Posts

Yes Derek, once you get it installed go for a ride with a 3/16? allen wrench in your pocket. You can change the angle to find what you like. Its easy.

Last edited by billib1954; 03-26-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:33 PM
kbktulsa
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i used their 10 inch curved windshield

Old 03-27-2017, 02:21 PM
mo cajun
Road Captain
Received 134 Likes on 83 Posts

Had one on my last bike and it was fine, so many other choices for a full faring for a few 100 more I feel that's the way to go.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:27 AM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 498 Likes on 349 Posts

True. They did go up. Maybe they were $350 at one time. I think the std non radio version is $680

I will chk my facts better next time. Still Woodys is one of the best out there.
Before I pull the trigger, I'd have to ride a Heritage (or similar) with one first. I
have ridden several E/Glides etc with a Batwings. I want to know it would work
well on mine.

Originally Posted by Derek R Collier
The Woody's must have went in price, and I don't see anything for the Slim FLS on their website. I sent them an email. ��������

Old 10-20-2017, 09:14 AM
durtyburt
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Had one on my RK loved it.You'll have to relocate your front turn signals on the Slim

Old 10-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Deadof_knight
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been looking at a batwing also for my fatboy .... currently looks like a softail deluxe .... but a good batwing would look good and do the inner shell for radio !! that's my plan

Old 11-04-2017, 07:09 AM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Im very pleased with mine less wind and the crap dosent hit my face it goes over my head

Old 11-12-2017, 05:22 AM
Gee
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Memphis Shade Bat Wing on a 2014 FLD Switchback

Memphis Shade Bat Wing on a 2014 FLD Switchback

I went with MS Batwing on the FLD I had. It worked great in the cold weather with some soft lowers on the crash bar. The nice thing is they are easy to remove. I've never had any other bat wing on a bike so I don't know how they mount to the bike but if you install a stereo there has to be a wiring connection involved. I also would imagine the heavier the batwing gets with all the add on. You might be looking at nuts and bolts vs quick release. Could be wrong about that. I like the clean look it has on and when off nothing left to be seen except the mounts on the forks. It's as easy as putting on the HD quick release windshield. The mounting brackets that you need for the Batwing will work with the quick release attachment on the forks for the HD windshields. Might need a washer added to alight it up (left or right) properly but the MS ones they provide are a bit nicer IMO so I used them on the bike and the HD windshield would attach to them just fine. Also take a look at the spoiler screens they sell for them. I use a small spoiler screen I think at 6" and it did great keeping the wind over the top off me and I had full 6 or more inches that I could see over the windshield it self. I never cared for looking though the windshield vs just over it. Looks like 08Rock also has a small spoiler screen on his batwing. I Thought I would need a taller one for the winter but that never was the case the small spoiler did great. With Bluetooth phone and ear buds I get to listen to some music and reject all the phone calls I want. No wires needed for those. The batwing also does a nice job keeping the cold wind from you hands. Well I guess that would depend on a person handlebar setup. It did a good job for my setup. I think I paid 525.00 for the batwing, mounting brackets, and the spoiler. I'll be getting one for the new fat boy once they make one to fit the bikes new headlight.

Just to add something everyone probably already knows. Any windshield or fairing/batwing is going to make the engine noise worse. Bounces off the shield and right in your face.. Tick, tick ,tick , tick, tick, tick.......etc.

Last edited by Gee; 11-12-2017 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 12:57 PM
2009Rock
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MS Batwing on Rocker installation

Do do you have installation details for the rocker? Part numbers? MS doesn’t show the batwing as an available option.

Originally Posted by 08rock
Im very pleased with mine less wind and the crap dosent hit my face it goes over my head

Quick Reply: MS Batwing fairing reviews