Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo seat advise. 2013 Deluxe.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017 | 06:21 PM
lakesurfer101@gmail.com
|
Intermediate
Default Solo seat advise. 2013 Deluxe.

I need everyone's opinion please. I have been shopping for a solo seat for my Deluxe. I am taking a two week road trip this summer and the stocker isn't going to cut it. I have done a ton of reading on the forums and I have talked to Lepera , C&C, and Saddelman.
First off I have to say most people run the lepera but it doesn't seem great for long rides 300-500 miles a day. It looks great though. Speaking with them on the phone was a joke. Who ever I talked to had no clue why I should buy there seat over anyone elses. Just that it looks good and is what every one else has. Lol

Speaking with Saddelman was a little more informative. All seats come with gel and there special foam. Etc. There seats don't move you down at all. But they swear it's comfortable.

C&C has been by far the most informative. They agree the lepera looks great but swear you can't do a road trip on it. They are also the most expensive by far. Everything is extra. Gel+$100, lower the riding position +$75, add diamond stitch stripe +$125, and add tank bib +$75. It adds up quick! For just the extras I could buy another seat.

I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for but damn. 2x the price of the next nearest custom seat? Really? Is the C&C seat that great? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Who has an opinion and please keep in mind it's just your opinion no seat war please. Everyone's *** is different. Thanks in advance for the input..

Last edited by lakesurfer101@gmail.com; 03-07-2017 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-07-2017 | 08:01 PM
pipeyeti
Road Captain

My favorite seat and it is good for long days is the Heritage springer seat. However if you think C&C seats are pricey these are even more 500-1000 on ebay. I am a big (heavy) guy and had a gel pad added by alligator bob. I have done back to back 500 mile days on it and love it.

Old 03-07-2017 | 08:11 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

When everyone thinks LePera, they think Bare Bones and it does suck for longer trips. However, they do have other seats that are comfortable for longer trips. I have the Maverick Daddy Long Legs on a Deluxe and it's great for longer trips. The LePera Bare Bones on my Heritage, not so much.

Old 03-07-2017 | 08:25 PM
cobalt07
Road Master

Mustang wide touring, have had several and never a complaint ,even from wife.

Old 03-08-2017 | 07:04 AM
MattBMiller
Cruiser

Anyone running a Mustang wide tripper on their Deluxe?

Old 03-08-2017 | 07:58 AM
lakesurfer101@gmail.com
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SanJuanRon
When everyone thinks LePera, they think Bare Bones and it does suck for longer trips. However, they do have other seats that are comfortable for longer trips. I have the Maverick Daddy Long Legs on a Deluxe and it's great for longer trips. The LePera Bare Bones on my Heritage, not so much.
HI SJR,

by chance do you have any photos of this seat? also wondering how far it moves you back?

Originally Posted by cobalt07
Mustang wide touring, have had several and never a complaint ,even from wife.
Hi Cobalt,

Any photos of this seat on a deluxe?

Old 03-08-2017 | 09:33 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lakesurfer101@gmail.com
I need everyone's opinion please. I have been shopping for a solo seat for my Deluxe. I am taking a two week road trip this summer and the stocker isn't going to cut it. I have done a ton of reading on the forums and I have talked to Lepera , C&C, and Saddelman.
First off I have to say most people run the lepera but it doesn't seem great for long rides 300-500 miles a day. It looks great though. Speaking with them on the phone was a joke. Who ever I talked to had no clue why I should buy there seat over anyone elses. Just that it looks good and is what every one else has. Lol

Speaking with Saddelman was a little more informative. All seats come with gel and there special foam. Etc. There seats don't move you down at all. But they swear it's comfortable.

C&C has been by far the most informative. They agree the lepera looks great but swear you can't do a road trip on it. They are also the most expensive by far. Everything is extra. Gel+$100, lower the riding position +$75, add diamond stitch stripe +$125, and add tank bib +$75. It adds up quick! For just the extras I could buy another seat.

I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for but damn. 2x the price of the next nearest custom seat? Really? Is the C&C seat that great? Or should I be looking elsewhere? Who has an opinion and please keep in mind it's just your opinion no seat war please. Everyone's *** is different. Thanks in advance for the input..
Check out Mustang seats. I've used them on a number of my bikes with good results, and currently have one on my Deluxe. It's much better than the stock seat.

Old 03-08-2017 | 12:38 PM
Eldeluxo
Advanced

I run the Mustang wide vintage touring seat w/ backrest. I don't love the way it looks, but it sure is comfortable for long hauls!!

Old 03-08-2017 | 06:55 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

The Maverick Daddy Long Legs moves you back 2" (closest bike). My seat has the passenger pillon which the wife loves. The second bike has the Le Pera Bare Bones which you definitely don't want for long trips. 😂
​​​​​​​

Old 03-08-2017 | 08:19 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

I have to go with the Ultimate seat with backrest. They give you a trial time limit to see if you like it or not.

Quick Reply: Solo seat advise. 2013 Deluxe.