Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ape hangars

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017 | 03:23 PM
Mabbott
Tourer

Originally Posted by giants8107@gmail.com
definitely not in a rush . I like that idea seeing that it is winter . Riding up to laconia in June so I want this thing looking legit . So your saying you can order these cables to ACTUAL length. If I got my bars and risers and mounted them do what u said and I would be able to order my cables exactly the way u said .
I ordered my cables from magnum shielding, great company that you may want to check out and see if they have cables you like. With magnum shielding you can either order the cables x" over your stock length or you can measure the exact length you want each cable to be.

I found it easier to just measure the difference from the old bars to the new bars, which was 8" and ordered all my cables 8" over stock length and it worked great.

One thing I didn't think about is I lowered the rear 1.5" and 2" in the front AFTER I did the bars and cables which then made my front brake line a hair to long. I was able to re route it and move some clamps to make up the extra slack and it still looks great, but if your planning on doing a bunch of stuff this winter like I did and lower the bike, just take that into consideration. But it really didn't make to much of a difference like I said. In a perfect world, I should have lowered the bike first. It only affects the front brake cable.

Edit: check out magnumshielding.com they have black stainless cables as well

Last edited by Mabbott; 02-11-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-11-2017 | 03:53 PM
giants8107@gmail.com
|
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Mabbott
I ordered my cables from magnum shielding, great company that you may want to check out and see if they have cables you like. With magnum shielding you can either order the cables x" over your stock length or you can measure the exact length you want each cable to be.

I found it easier to just measure the difference from the old bars to the new bars, which was 8" and ordered all my cables 8" over stock length and it worked great.

One thing I didn't think about is I lowered the rear 1.5" and 2" in the front AFTER I did the bars and cables which then made my front brake line a hair to long. I was able to re route it and move some clamps to make up the extra slack and it still looks great, but if your planning on doing a bunch of stuff this winter like I did and lower the bike, just take that into consideration. But it really didn't make to much of a difference like I said. In a perfect world, I should have lowered the bike first. It only affects the front brake cable.

Edit: check out magnumshielding.com they have black stainless cables as well
bad *** man, this is perfect. I appreciate it .

Old 02-18-2017 | 06:20 PM
giants8107@gmail.com
|
5th Gear

Hey buddy ... was on the magnum site and tried getting in touch or leaving a message with them . How do I order my brake line ? As I don't haveven abs just a single brake line .

Old 02-18-2017 | 10:51 PM
Mabbott
Tourer

Originally Posted by giants8107@gmail.com
Hey buddy ... was on the magnum site and tried getting in touch or leaving a message with them . How do I order my brake line ? As I don't haveven abs just a single brake line .
They call it the E-Z Align brake line.
On the top right of their web site go to menu, brake lines, non abs, then E-Z align single disk