Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 06:46 PM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Saddlebags?

[quote]ORIGINAL: Softail in 2007

http://www.ironbags.com/The best, I believe the last saddlebag I will have to buy !! really thick with a fiberglass back !!

Ironbags are very good quality.
Tom

Old 05-30-2007, 08:18 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Deluxe Bags are not very big at all but are durable as hell. I managed to go down on the highway trying to avoid some erratic drivers approaching a construction site. The bike and I skidded and tumbled at least a 100 feet. The bike looked like hell (8 Grand plus in cosmetic damage) all four sides of the bike received damage. Those saddle bags where worn through to the thermoplastic core from the bike sliding on its side and they did not lose their shape or open during the crash. All contents including a cb radio were perfectly intact. I was definitely impressed and did not hesitate to buy the same bags when I got the bike repaired.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:16 PM
sonar_chris
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: tmitchellof PG

ORIGINAL: Softail in 2007

http://www.ironbags.com/The best, I believe the last saddlebag I will have to buy !! really thick with a fiberglass back !!

Ironbags are very good quality.
Tom
Here is another vote for Ironbags, they have great customer service and the leather is the thickest Ive ever seen. Great quality and well worth the price.

Chris

Old 05-30-2007, 11:06 PM
NavyPT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sonar Chris,

Is that the Iowa BB-61? I was stationed aboard that ship back in the mid 80's talk about some serious firepower.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems to me Iron Bags arnt detachable(quickly) vs unbolting them, doesnt mean they arnt top notch. Boss bags are detachable and are top notch.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:36 PM
rountree
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they are vertigo; I just ordered some 38s for my Deuce. I really like the look of the Deluxe weave and started to get them for the Deuce, but went with the L2 style instead. Hope they hurry up and get here to help end the Buyers Remorse.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 AM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

oh u will drool on teh boss bags... bring a microfiber coth for u lip..and an extra one for lookyloos

boss bag guy just emailed me they dont work with bubbas detachable sideplates(sissybar)... hmm bet i could make it work..
i dont have bubbas yet but HDs are plastic garbage.. sigh.. think ill order em soon(boss bags 38s plain) but with a cup holder or 2(one for passengers drink)

Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 AM
jumpmasterjay
Tourer
Received 266 Likes on 40 Posts

I have boss bags (www.bossbags.com) and I love them. They are easily detachable, leave no telltale supports, and are quality. Check them out!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:09 AM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another vote for ironbags.. I'm sure Max has a size to fit your deluxe. When you see the space though that you could have in larber bags, it's a good argument for swapping that exhaust.

Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
Softail in 2007
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And Ironbagsbags come with hardware that works with detachable systems, I didn't use them because I can not think of a time I want to take them off.

Richard

Quick Reply: Saddlebags?