Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curious about gyro effect w/ 23" wheel on Breakout/Rockers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

lmao..had a set of those carbon BT cmc carbon rotors..but first laydown at infineon on my panigale track bike i toasted one of them...and braketech replaced it for me thank god!anyways ive yet to put them back on..saving them for new roadglide coming this summer to install with ohlins front end and bst wheels...
Originally Posted by FastHarley
Da-Rza 21 How can you say that. It has those ugly Brembo_calipers and what is the deal with the wires? Than you have those 17" C/F wheels that do not look good because they are not made of Billet & chrome. You need to take off one of those rotors so you can see the new Billet 30" wheel, maybe with LEDs for spinners. Than you have those Fugly black 8 oz fender and what is up with those 17" tires, who needs them anyhow, they do not even come in white walls.

A bike that changes suspension settings as it rides via computer & engine called >Mechatronics< is a big waste of money as that money could be better put to use buying more novelty helmets, doo rags, chained wallets, a vest with patches & pins to prove you have been there. The forks look ugly because they are not chromed, raked way out, and cost way too much. I will stop right there and say you really need to get rid of that Jap Crap, let me give you the address for free disposal.

DISCLAIMER: If anyone knows me, do not take this post seriously, I am doing it for humor.

Old 01-12-2017, 03:42 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 447 Likes on 251 Posts
Default answer

Da-Rza 21 I am currently doing the same for my 124CI Bagger. Trying to make it the lightest as possible. Already have the thing you see below.

Trying everything to get it lighter. Composite fenders 8.5 OZ (F) you see. Currently have the SS up the water jet for light but very strong brackets, the ones you see are just to hold the fender on for a lot of R&D needed. Naturally 30mm in them as I have a lot of experience with them. My trees do double duty with either inverted forks or 49mm conventional w/30mm inside. I am designing this as a Road King as the hardest to do is a Road King. My trees work just fine with them and 3 member's already have them on their RK for around one year. TJ316 has his on the road for more than 3 years now.

I think I will either use these 13" CMM or I have a set in the box of the CMC 320's. I am waiting for Jeff to pack back my forks, trees, and wheel as we are doing this project 320 either spoke or hub mount using stock OEM Bagger Brembo's with adapters for those who want a much better system. I figure I like brakes but keep in mind, you really do not need great brakes until the very end anyhow, as you already know. These will be released in a few weeks:

I guess by now I just do not have enough bikes to put a big wheel on it.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:20 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
On my Rocker, I did 6degree trees, -1 tubes and the progressive drop kit with my 26 and it rides better that my 21 did.
LOVE to see a pic of that bike????

Old 01-12-2017, 09:31 PM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
Da-Rza 21 I am currently doing the same for my 124CI Bagger. Trying to make it the lightest as possible. Already have the thing you see below.

Trying everything to get it lighter. Composite fenders 8.5 OZ (F) you see. Currently have the SS up the water jet for light but very strong brackets, the ones you see are just to hold the fender on for a lot of R&D needed. Naturally 30mm in them as I have a lot of experience with them. My trees do double duty with either inverted forks or 49mm conventional w/30mm inside. I am designing this as a Road King as the hardest to do is a Road King. My trees work just fine with them and 3 member's already have them on their RK for around one year. TJ316 has his on the road for more than 3 years now.

I think I will either use these 13" CMM or I have a set in the box of the CMC 320's. I am waiting for Jeff to pack back my forks, trees, and wheel as we are doing this project 320 either spoke or hub mount using stock OEM Bagger Brembo's with adapters for those who want a much better system. I figure I like brakes but keep in mind, you really do not need great brakes until the very end anyhow, as you already know. These will be released in a few weeks:

I guess by now I just do not have enough bikes to put a big wheel on it.
oh hell yes..may be hitting you up if i run into any snags...i have a set of rear ohlins already with remote resis...the forks came off my rsv4 that i wrecked racing and they are perfect..they are at racetech getting annodized black and a copper like diamond coat on the legs...also being sprung...not sure on wheels yet..but i also have a set of $3500 nickel brembos but may be to good to put on rg just will end up getting those black brembos..i can get a pair for$600 new along with the rear...bike looks great tho cant wait to see it done!

Old 01-13-2017, 01:49 AM
Hawaii-Five-Jo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
LOVE to see a pic of that bike????
My old build thread
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...6-26-time.html

Old 01-13-2017, 08:15 PM
InnishMoor
Tourer
Received 146 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by v-rodder
Well the gyro effect is when it becomes difficult to change a spinning object's axis of rotation. Larger wheels mean more effort to change direction.
Very nice work- looks awesome! To your concern about the gyro effect, it can be quite easily overcome with a bit of knowledge of counter- steering. I think I remember reading a thread on that.....