Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom windshield audio system

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016 | 06:50 AM
PaulFLHTC
|
Advanced
Default Boom windshield audio system

I am about to receive a new Boom Windshield Speaker system from Harley for Christmas. I am not a guy who stores music on my phone and don't like to spend alot of money. So, what do most people do to supply tunes to the speaker system?
( The Boom system was a gift from my wife for Christmas so opinions as to it being junk, and could had bought better will not answere my question) Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.

Old 12-24-2016 | 08:19 AM
spydyr
Road Captain

My wife's had one for 5 years now, no issues and still sounds great! Has her music on a gen5 iPod. $140 anywhere. There's literally a bazillion cheapo mp3 players out there... probably not going to get a whole lot of opinions on those, though.

Old 12-24-2016 | 09:20 AM
Mabbott
Tourer

If you have a smartphone, just download Pandora. Its free. I use it all the time, love it. You create your own stations by typing in a genre or artist name and it plays all music that is similar to what you typed in.

Old 12-24-2016 | 09:27 AM
BuzzCap7
Club Member

Originally Posted by PaulFLHTC
I am about to receive a new Boom Windshield Speaker system from Harley for Christmas. I am not a guy who stores music on my phone and don't like to spend alot of money. So, what do most people do to supply tunes to the speaker system?
( The Boom system was a gift from my wife for Christmas so opinions as to it being junk, and could had bought better will not answere my question) Thanks and Merry Christmas to everyone.
1) I downloaded MANY MP3's into my GPS and run the songs from there.
2) I have a CD in the radio for a backup.

I too play nothing off my iphone when I am on 'me bike.

That is about it my friend,

BuzzCap7

Old 12-24-2016 | 11:04 AM
Super38
Cruiser

Assuming you have a phone that can hold music, what is your aversion to storing music on it? The process to get music on your phone is probably not dissimilar to getting it on a MP3 player.

According to the information on http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-08-7632109--1 it seems like literally anything with a 3.5mm audio jack could work.

An iPod Nano has a built in FM radio and could be a good choice, though I suppose some people might call it a lot of money...

Old 12-24-2016 | 11:17 AM
Da-Rza 21
Road Captain

if you have a iphone you can get the itunes app and pay 10.95 a month and get any music you want...and if u pay for data and its not unlimited you can download albums/songs/videos on to your playlist through the itunes storage while your on wifi signal so when you play them it doesnt use data..then transfer play to speaker using bluetooth or audio jack

Old 12-24-2016 | 03:43 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mabbott
If you have a smartphone, just download Pandora.
+1 on the Pandora.

The boom audio is a good system and from what I understand the windshield version is better than what I had which was the handlebar mounted version.
I moved onto a fairing so I sold the boom audio to a fellow forum member.

When I had the boom audio I got a Bluetooth receiver off Amazon for I believe around $30.
My intent was to hard wire it in so that it always stayed charged but I found that when it was plugged in I got some speaker noise, so I just left it unplugged.
I like not having to connect the wires every time I got on the bike.

I'd go at least 6-8 hours without having to recharge it so M-F I left it unplugged.
Friday prior to the weekend if I was going to do some serious riding I'd plug it in overnight.

I think you'll like the boom audio for local riding a lot, highway riding; not so much.

Last edited by Bluraven; 12-24-2016 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2016 | 06:59 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team

Originally Posted by Super38
Assuming you have a phone that can hold music, what is your aversion to storing music on it? The process to get music on your phone is probably not dissimilar to getting it on a MP3 player.

According to the information on http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...-08-7632109--1 it seems like literally anything with a 3.5mm audio jack could work.

An iPod Nano has a built in FM radio and could be a good choice, though I suppose some people might call it a lot of money...
Kinda the way I look at it. One less device to deal with. Bluetooth streams music from phone to amplified speakers. No 3.5 mm plug dangling anywhere. No separate iPod or mp3 device to keep track of and charged.
I'm sure this answer doesn't help the OP out, but it's another, simpler option in my opinion.