Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breakout license plate

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016 | 01:29 PM
CanadaWeBike
|
1st Gear
Default Breakout license plate

Hi
No doubt that the stock breakout license plate is very ugly. I am actively looking for different way to change it. I cannot use the side license plate due to legal reason in Canada. The license has to be in the back of the fender.
I will list all the vendors I founded.
This is my first option, expensive though 997 plus shipping and accessories.

http://www.hotbike.com.au/?product=o...led-indicators

The second option, almost same as the first option 575

http://www.bikecraft.net.au/bikecraf...eakout-2012-up

The third option , which I really don't like but it's better than the stock , needs some modification 83

http://japan.webike.net/products/21760725.html

any suggestions or other option

Thanks

Old 12-21-2016 | 08:13 PM
HenryT
Road Master

#1 looks the best IMO. It is expensive but includes a lot of parts like the turn signals and seems more than just a fender eliminator.

Old 12-21-2016 | 08:19 PM
CanadaWeBike
|
1st Gear

I agree with you.

Old 12-22-2016 | 11:09 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Personally, I'd get a sissy bar and attach it there. I hate making a fender longer than what it is to begin with.

Old 12-23-2016 | 08:53 AM
EagleRay
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
Personally, I'd get a sissy bar ....
Nooooo!

Old 12-23-2016 | 10:44 AM
m16figure8
Advanced

Option #1

Old 12-26-2016 | 12:19 AM
doo925
Advanced

I live just a bit north of you and have never had an issue with my side mounted plate as far as the police are concerned. I got pulled over this summer for speeding just outside of Banff. The officer let me off with just a warning about the speed. I asked him about my plate which is mounted on the left hand side of the rear swing arm, turned sideways 90 deg., and curved to match the curve in the mount. The officer said that most likely the police wouldn't pull me over for just the plate mounting, but could add it to other tickets if they REALLY wanted to make a point. Otherwise he said don't worry about it. And over the rest of the summer in both Alberta and BC, I was passed numerous times by the cops who must have seen the mount and I also gently passed a couple of cops and never once did they pull me over. Seriously, if you like a side mount plate, get it. Highly unlikely that you'll be bothered by the police because of it. I picked mine up from Ebay by a guy in the US for about $75 CAD.

Old 12-26-2016 | 12:31 AM
doo925
Advanced

Here's the one I use on my '16 BO that I bought from Ebay: Harley Curved Rocker Breakout License Plate side mount Bracket Black. Built by accufast2d. Fit like a glove, super easy install.

Old 12-26-2016 | 12:04 PM
HenryT
Road Master

Originally Posted by doo925
I live just a bit north of you and have never had an issue with my side mounted plate as far as the police are concerned. I got pulled over this summer for speeding just outside of Banff. The officer let me off with just a warning about the speed. I asked him about my plate which is mounted on the left hand side of the rear swing arm, turned sideways 90 deg., and curved to match the curve in the mount. The officer said that most likely the police wouldn't pull me over for just the plate mounting, but could add it to other tickets if they REALLY wanted to make a point. Otherwise he said don't worry about it. And over the rest of the summer in both Alberta and BC, I was passed numerous times by the cops who must have seen the mount and I also gently passed a couple of cops and never once did they pull me over. Seriously, if you like a side mount plate, get it. Highly unlikely that you'll be bothered by the police because of it. I picked mine up from Ebay by a guy in the US for about $75 CAD.
Yeah but it is something you could get pulled over and cited for in Canada. I don't know but I always do not want to give the police an excuse to pull me over.

In my state on cars and trucks you also need to have a front plate. On some of my vehicles over the years I did not run one up front, cause it was ugly. Admit I never got a ticket for driving without it. Only ticket for that was when I was parked at the airport run by the city. I should have known better, $75 down the drain. Now I just run the front plate all the time.

Old 11-08-2017 | 11:29 PM
Rocco88
6th Gear
Default Break light and plate light

Originally Posted by doo925
what did you do with your break light?, looking to get rid of mine and go with the side plate .

Quick Reply: Breakout license plate