Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with service, Phat performance parts.

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 09:46 PM
<- user name here
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Help with service, Phat performance parts.

Hey guys and gals, I need a bit of help. I want to start by saying I am not wanting to throw mud, I am just trying to seek help in resolving an issue. I wanted to support one of our sponsors back at the beginning of October when I was looking at a new set of exhaust pipes. I had dealt with Phat performance parts a number of years ago and was very happy with their knowledge of the product, fast shipping and great customer service so I called them to place an order. The pipes I selected were listed as "in stock, ships same day", great! I ordered and my card was immediately charged. A couple days later I have heard nothing from them, no receipt, no invoice, no tracking number, so I call them. Later got an email saying the pipes will be shipped from the manufacturer in 6-8 weeks. I did not want to wait so I changed my order and requested a refund. I sent emails, called Terry (the owner) numerous times leaving messages and not getting calls back, then waited over 2 weeks for them to refund that portion. Then a few days later I get an email saying there was a discrepancy with inventory and the new pipes on order were not available. At this point I asked for the rest of my money to be refunded. I was promised that it would be. I have waited over a month, tried to email and call leaving messages for Terry because he is the only one who handles refunds and he will not respond and I am out over $550. So has anyone had dealings with them or have advice on how to get a response from them? Thanks.

Old 12-08-2016, 12:31 AM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

If you paid via credit card, call your bank and file a claim. They will take care of it. This happened to me before with a supposedly new part that arrived used and broken. Not from Phat, but some other random company. I called my bank, they filed a claim, told me to send the part back to where it came from and credited my account. Told me not to worry as they will take care of recovering funds from the offending company.

The following users liked this post:
<- user name here (12-08-2016)
Old 12-08-2016, 10:29 AM
jkinner
Road Captain
Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by baloot-boy
If you paid via credit card, call your bank and file a claim. They will take care of it. This happened to me before with a supposedly new part that arrived used and broken. Not from Phat, but some other random company. I called my bank, they filed a claim, told me to send the part back to where it came from and credited my account. Told me not to worry as they will take care of recovering funds from the offending company.
+1, its good advice, let VISA/MC or any card company handle it, if you used debit it might take awhile.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:45 PM
<- user name here
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the replies. We called our credit card company today and they put in a three way call to Phat performance parts. The guy we talked to said we should see a refund today, and if we did not see it to call him back tomorrow. So that made me feel a little better. Then this evening I get a voice mail from Terry (owner of the company I've been told) and he says he isn't sure what is going on with my order and doesn't think I know whats going on with it either but he thought it was refunded. I tried calling back but "due to high call volume we are unable to take your call" so I left Terry another message to call me back. Still no refund, still no call back.

Last edited by <- user name here; 12-08-2016 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 09:01 PM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 607 Likes on 278 Posts

Just make sure you write down and keep up with the details so you can pass that on the CC company in case it gets to that level.

Old 12-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Sinthroid
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Exhaust

Any news on this issue? update?