Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2016 Fat Boy S

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016 | 08:33 PM
Fatboy16S
|
Cruiser

The Reinhart Crossback exhaust, TTS Tuner, and dyno are scheduled within the next 2 weeks. Evidently they can do the dyno even though the bike only has 700 miles on it. They said 500 is sufficient. And all the parts from the accident will be arriving this week. So it looks like I should be able to pick it up the weekend after next? I can't wait to here the new exhaust and see what kind of performance increase comes with it.

The street slammer bars ended up not being what I expected. I am going to look into keeping the stock bars with a different riser. They were just very narrow compared to stock. Kind of disappointed, loved the way the street slammers look.

Old 12-04-2016 | 05:50 AM
FatKen
Tourer

Dang! That is my fear of riding to work at 5:00 in the morning here in NoDak. Glad your ok! A little dawn dish soap will take that right off

Old 12-04-2016 | 11:54 AM
Fatboy16S
|
Cruiser

It will be my fear for a while every time I ride early morning or late evening or even through wooded areas. I'm not one to let one instance rule the rest of my life, but I will definitely be clutch and break happy for a while? Kind of funny, I did use Dawn to wash it, but asked the dealership if they could power wash the motor fins since I just couldn't seem to get it all off.

Old 12-06-2016 | 01:03 PM
the jacobite
Advanced

That was a lucky escape mate, I have the street slammers on my fatboy S and love them, I have also replaced the seat fitted a mustang solo great seat and looks good as well.

Old 12-06-2016 | 01:46 PM
Fatboy16S
|
Cruiser

Hey jacobite, do you have pics of your S with the street slammers? How much closer did the bars adjust your reach? Did you have to replace the stock cables?I haven't counted them out yet. I still love the style!

Old 12-06-2016 | 04:18 PM
the jacobite
Advanced

Never had to mod any of the cables, but gave the slammers a few coats of gloss black to match the rest of the bike . Will try and upload some pictures cannot comment on the riding position as replaced the bars when I got the bike.

Old 12-07-2016 | 04:16 PM
the jacobite
Advanced

My street slammers

Old 12-08-2016 | 06:15 PM
Fatboy16S
|
Cruiser

Nice bike jacobite! Who's exhaust is that? Did you have it run on a dyno? The street slammers do look sweet on the Fatboy. I'm gonna have to keep thinking about it.

Found out today that my Reinharts are back ordered and are currently out for coating, so won't see the bike until close to Christmas? At least my dealer picks up and drops off for free, so the weather won't hinder my getting it back. The first snow probably won't hold out til the new year?

Old 12-08-2016 | 06:47 PM
the jacobite
Advanced

It's the RSD slanty, never had it on a dyno not sure if anybody in Scotland could even dyno and tune it ! The roads over here are covered in salt so that will be the bike parked up until March or April although the last few days have be unseasonably mild.

Old 12-08-2016 | 11:30 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member

Not to change the subject, nice bike by the way, but are the turn signal visors on the back side gloss black and if they are did you find them in the factory catalog?

Quick Reply: My 2016 Fat Boy S