Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio on a Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2016 | 09:34 PM
Mabbott
|
Tourer
Default Radio on a Deluxe?

While out riding with my father, we switched bikes for a while. He has a 2014 ultra classic limited. A little different from my bare bones Deluxe lol. It was great cruising around blasting some good tunes. That thing was like driving a caddy compaired to my bike. Heated grips, big windshield, cruise control, listening to some good music. I was looking for the cup holder for my coffee lol. Well, after getting a taste of the good life, I was wondering what people do to get their bike hooked up to listen to some tunes.

Last edited by Mabbott; 11-14-2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-14-2016 | 09:51 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

I looked at the Reckless system yesterday up at J & P http://www.jpcycles.com/product/164-098 but don't know if my pipes are too loud to hear it on the highway. I have Vance and Hines Bigshots.

I use my phone and ear buds currently, not legal I know but I can hear the music perfectly.

Old 11-14-2016 | 10:00 PM
Mabbott
|
Tourer

I couldnt believe how good the speakers on the ultra classic limited were. He has upgraded them and damn they were crystal clear. Also helps that it automatically gets louder as you speed up. Ill have to check that system out. How do you like those big shots? I'm planning on getting the big shots long, hopefully this winter. Currently have vance and hines slip on's and they sound awesome.

Old 11-14-2016 | 10:11 PM
Bluraven
Grand HDF Member

I had the Harley Boom Audio.
It worked fairly well cruising around town but at highway speeds it's useless.

I decided to get a Reckless fairing after I fell into some extra funds and decided to get the tunes with it to include a amplifier.
I'm not sure without a fairing and amplifier you are going to get any setup that is close to being enjoyable.

Old 11-14-2016 | 10:38 PM
Snowyone
Road Captain

Around town a music box is ok if it doesn't distract. Out on the hwy though your going to do some damage to your hearing getting it loud enough. Wind noise is commonly over 100 decibels and getting the tunes loud enough to here is how much? I use good earbuds that are made for my ears and wear them all the time on the bike whether listening to tunes or just protecting my ears. I have a Father that is totally death from running equipment all his life and it isn't any fun trying to communicate with him.

Old 11-14-2016 | 11:40 PM
70x7
Advanced

I like the stripped down look of my Fatboy without all the extra crap hanging off it like speakers and what not. I use Plugphones...

https://www.plugfones.com/

Old 11-15-2016 | 07:02 AM
j33ptj
Road Warrior

I use the MTX Sound bar. As I wear full helemet I do need to push the sound volume up a bit. Plays via Bluetooth from the iPhone.

Old 11-15-2016 | 07:12 AM
Mabbott
|
Tourer

I'll have to find some good ear buds. I've never had good luck with the plugs that go in my ear. Ends up hurting my ears after 10 min. I have seen people put a small Bluetooth boom box on their handlebars. Maybe I'll just do that for non highway use.

Old 11-15-2016 | 07:37 AM
Silver Fox
Club Member

I did a thread on some project I did on my Deluxe. Music was one of the things I wanted.
My amp and setup has changed over the years,,,,and I think will change this winter again.
There is a blurb on it in this shortcut.
Tunes are nice to have and it may be hard to believe , but I find it much easier to hear the music wearing ear plugs.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t=music+deluxe

Old 11-15-2016 | 10:51 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Snowyone
Around town a music box is ok if it doesn't distract. Out on the hwy though your going to do some damage to your hearing getting it loud enough. Wind noise is commonly over 100 decibels and getting the tunes loud enough to here is how much? I use good earbuds that are made for my ears and wear them all the time on the bike whether listening to tunes or just protecting my ears. I have a Father that is totally death from running equipment all his life and it isn't any fun trying to communicate with him.
Ear plugs are the answer here. They cut the wind noise drastically and allow you to hear the music at a lower volume while at highway speeds....This way you can have music and do less harm to your poor ears!

Quick Reply: Radio on a Deluxe?